The Tides in Zihuatanejo

calikak

Anyone know if The Tides (formerly Hotel Del Sol) is cruiser-friendly? A coworker recommended I go there and said they used to do day passes before their name change, but wasn't sure if they'd changed their policy.

Also, I'm wondering if it'd be an OK place to go with my son, who just started walking (we'll be there next month). Their website makes it look very swank and romantic, which is not what I'm looking for. I don't need a play area or anything like that, just some sand for him to play on, but I also don't want to bring a kid to a more grown-up place and spoil the vibe for everyone else, or go to a place where he won't be welcomed. If The Tides isn't a good place, can anyone suggest an alternative beach/resort/activity for us?

Thanks in advance!

We checked with The Tides about 2 months ago since we were going to be there in October. The reply was, yes they did accept cruise pax but charged like $25 or $35 for a day pass and only sold them if they were experiencing low occupancy. They suggested that you send them email a day or two before your arrival and they could better advise you if they would be selling day passes or not. Somewhat impractical on a cruise ship. Still the resort and beach look very nice...

Anyone know if The Tides (formerly Hotel Del Sol) is cruiser-friendly? A coworker recommended I go there and said they used to do day passes before their name change, but wasn't sure if they'd changed their policy.

Also, I'm wondering if it'd be an OK place to go with my son, who just started walking (we'll be there next month). Their website makes it look very swank and romantic, which is not what I'm looking for. I don't need a play area or anything like that, just some sand for him to play on, but I also don't want to bring a kid to a more grown-up place and spoil the vibe for everyone else, or go to a place where he won't be welcomed. If The Tides isn't a good place, can anyone suggest an alternative beach/resort/activity for us?

Thanks in advance!

Just before the Tides is a restaurant called Paty's Mar Y Mar. Clean, good food and no charge for lounges and palapas and the tiniest little john for the little ones, if nothing else, stop in and see it. They have a little plastic pool and slide and she likes kids. It's a 3 buck taxi ride from town. I spend about every day there when we go to Zihuatanejo every winter....

Tell Paty that Larry and Doris sent you.

Archived