weddings on Coco Cay?

Has anyone ever heard of a wedding on Coco Cay? Contemplating a wedding cruise (for my brother) and the first stop of the cruise we are looking into on Freedom is Coco Cay.

Is there a spot for weddings on the island? Thanks for any information.

They do not do weddings on Coco Cay... When you book a cruise with RC where you intend to get married you have two choices:

1. Get married on the ship before departure.

2. Get married at one of the ports of call (but not their private island, Coco Cay).

Neither option means you are married by the Captain... you are married by an officiant.... usually a local of that particular port of call... as there are no locals to Coco Cay, hence there is no officiant to perform a ceremony... I am sure there are a dozen other reasons why you can't get married on Coco Cay, but that comes to mind immediately...

Has anyone ever heard of a wedding on Coco Cay? Contemplating a wedding cruise (for my brother) and the first stop of the cruise we are looking into on Freedom is Coco Cay.

Is there a spot for weddings on the island? Thanks for any information.

If you really want to get married on a cruise you should do it in port before the ship sails. That way it will definitely happen. And you could have people come to the wedding but not go on the cruise.

RC has a weddings department that will help answer any questiosn.

A word of warning though, if you are the type that has to be involved in every detail a cruise wedding is not for you. I was married on the Carnival Glory and it was fantastic, all I did was show up get dressed, have champagne and get married. I was not involved in any planning other than pick a few colors, a song or two and the vows.

There is also a wedding board here on CC that is quite helpful.

They do not do weddings on Coco Cay... When you book a cruise with RC where you intend to get married you have two choices:

1. Get married on the ship before departure.

2. Get married at one of the ports of call (but not their private island, Coco Cay).

Neither option means you are married by the Captain... you are married by an officiant.... usually a local of that particular port of call... as there are no locals to Coco Cay, hence there is no officiant to perform a ceremony... I am sure there are a dozen other reasons why you can't get married on Coco Cay, but that comes to mind immediately...

Get married on the ship. Coco Cay wasn't THAT nice. I would rather get married on the ship. Oh, wait... We did. Voyager of the Seas, renewed actually. 2004. It was great!! Gorgeous too!...

I'll be the voice of dissent here and say I think Coco Cay would be a lovely place to get married back in the part of the island where there are many palm trees and Australian pines lining a lovely beach.

There is no special chapel there, however. I guess the poster above who says that no one can act as the officiant would be present at Coco Cay. It might also be that there is no government entity to make the marriage legal. What if you brought your own priest or pastor or rabbi? On Radience we saw a couple have vow renewals and they brought their own priest for the ceremony.

I do think Coco Cay is a lovely place for a tropical wedding...if it is possible.

Check out the Honeymoon and Wedding Cruise Forum, and you might get more input. I'm sure that the previous posters are correct about not being able to get married at CocoCay - Royal Caribbean (or Royal Romance, who does all of the wedding coordination and is not part of RCI) is pretty strict about what is allowed for weddings. However, there are many brides who have gotten married on cruises (both onboard and at a port) who can answer all kinds of questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Archived