Help with Silvermoon-type excursion

smittenkitten

Has anyone had a great experience with any other company other than Silvermoon, Thriller and Shasa for the snorkeling/turtles excursion?

Shasa and Thriller are fully booked. Silvermoon has availability but is twice the money per person and we're on a budget.

Thanks for any recommendations!

I know Silver Moon is high, but they have two tours with two prices that go to the same places. The first one is $110 pp and takes only 12 pax. The other one is $87 pp (I think) and it only takes 24 pax. The others may be cheaper but I think they load you up like Sardines and probably can’t provide the same amount of personal attention you might get with a smaller group, IMO. Good luck and have a blast with who ever you choose, we’ll be on Silver Moon II.

I know Silver Moon is high, but they have two tours with two prices that go to the same places. The first one is $110 pp and takes only 12 pax. The other one is $87 pp (I think) and it only takes 24 pax. The others may be cheaper but I think they load you up like Sardines and probably can’t provide the same amount of personal attention you might get with a smaller group, IMO. Good luck and have a blast with who ever you choose, we’ll be on Silver Moon II.

I agree, I would find a way to take the Silver Moon somehow. We have it booked again, Silver Moon II (they must have gotten rid of the Silver Moon I). We have taken both the 12 passenger and the 24 passenger in the past (although the larger one had barely a dozen onboard when we were there). There just isn't anything that can compare to the small group and the great food and service on both the Silver Moon excursions.

We have also taken the Tiami before and it was so overcrowded, we spent half our time trying to either get in or out of the water. Not enough time to waste on any of these tours, the quicker you can get into the water, the more time you have to enjoy. Try to stay away from the larger CATS, they really do pack them in on those.

We have also found that in comparison to what the cruise lines offer for these type of excursions, even the Silver Moon is very comparible in price.

Oh I'm so glad to hear the positive comments about Silver Moon. I just faxed our deposit in to them for next March. We decided to take the 24 pax excursion. It's our March break so I'm sure it will be full, but they say the catamaran holds 50 people so this will be just fine just the way it is!

Archived