Question About Balcony Rooms on Dream

yoyocruiser

I am wanting to book a balcony room on the Dream and I have never been on this ship. I assumed that in all rooms you could push the beds together to make a queen bed. However, I just noticed that some of the rooms have a triangle by the number which apparently means a queen bed. Does anyone know if this means that these are the only rooms that you can put the beds together to make a queen? Or does it mean that these rooms have a real queen bed (not ttwo twins pushed together)? Also, any information anyone would like to give about these rooms on the Dream would be appreciated--such as square footage, whether there is a fridge, fore or aft, and if there are any other amenities to having a balcony room?? I know a lot of this is opinion but I'm interested in opinions. Thanks so much.

Yoyo,

We were just on the Dream a few weeks ago in a balcony cabin. You can always push the 2 beds together - the cabins with the triangle means these cabins have queen beds that cannot be seperated into 2 twins. They are about 167 square feet and have a 40 foot balcony. We found the rooms to be adequate space. There was a sitting area with a small couch, 2 chairs and a coffee table in front of the balcony. 2 closets near the entry door and another near the sitting area. The tv in the room was ancient, but worked - didn't use it much anyway. There was a refridgerator and a safe and a small desk with a chair. The shower was tiny - one of the smallest I've been in. We were aft and found it to be very quiet and very handy to the aft pool and restaurants. The only extra ammenity I found was that we had the suite room service menus - so a little more expanded than the regular room service menu. We used it for breakfast a few times - you can get hot omelettes, not just continental - and our 14 y/o ordered sandwiches every day - he got a real kick out of it.

All in all, we really liked the room. It was nice to have the balcony for breakfast. Also, since it was summer, the pool areas were always croweded, so we sat out the balcony to read more than other cruises that we've taken off season.

Any specific questions, fire away.

On the Dream, the only balcony rooms are the suites. They are nice enough and we surely had plenty of room. The above poster wrote of a small shower, but we had a bath/shower combination. Nancy

That's not true. On the 8th deck on the Dream there are quite a number of "standard" balconies.

That's not true. On the 8th deck on the Dream there are quite a number of "standard" balconies.

We were on the 8/10 sailing to Bermuda and had an 8th deck forward balcony cabin (8006) with a queen bed (not two twins pushed together) and it was great. The bathroom and shower were small, but perfectly fine. In addition to the suite room service menu we got a bottle of champagne upon arrival, bathrobes, $50 of onboard credit, we could eat breakfast in the Terraces and a plate of cookies one night.

Attached are a couple of pics looking toward the balcony, and outside looking in.

1580426664_balconyout.jpg.000a86ab709d0112dd1114c06befa308.jpg

202917733_balconyin.jpg.9b5fd9f8587a664fba19100575f020a0.jpg

Thank you so much for your replies--this is very helpful. The pictures were great, this really gives me a better idea. (NLT and a Ship for ME--Maybe at one point the balcony rooms were called mini-suites? Not sure.) The expanded room service menu seems really good. I really thank you for your replies.:D

Archived