Is Ecstasy going back to Progreso????

want2cruiseagain

I does appear that it has turned arround and is going south!! As of the last hurricane weather report, they should have plenty of time to pull in to Galveston tomorrow and be out of the way before it gets too close, but Ike is still unpredictable and they have to do what is the safest for the ship and passengers. My worry would be if they were cutting the timing too close and the ship has a engine problem or some other problem that would slow them down ahead of Ike!!

Galveston Departures – September 11 and September 14

The Carnival Ecstasy will sail as scheduled from Galveston on Thursday, September 11, 2008. We are also expecting the Carnival Conquest to sail as scheduled on Sunday, September 14.

If Ike hits anywhere near Galveston as a cat 4, I doubt Conquest will return to Galveston Sunday, or anytime in the near future for that matter.

If Ike hits anywhere near Galveston as a cat 4, I doubt Conquest will return to Galveston Sunday, or anytime in the near future for that matter.

I think they would. The infrastructure is sound and the dock is on the backside. The terminal is just an old warehouse basically. If they can get buses in, they will use it.

Also they could go up to the new Houston Cruise Terminal if there is serious damage in Galveston. They also have Barbours Cut, so they have two other places they could use if needed. It's unlikely all would be hit as they are not that close to each other.

I think they would. The infrastructure is sound and the dock is on the backside. The terminal is just an old warehouse basically. If they can get buses in, they will use it.

Also they could go up to the new Houston Cruise Terminal if there is serious damage in Galveston. They also have Barbours Cut, so they have two other places they could use if needed. It's unlikely all would be hit as they are not that close to each other.

I hope you're right. I just know that Katrina pushed a 35 foot high surge into coastal MS and it was just a cat 3. I have pix of clothes and furniture 25 feet up in trees in Biloxi, Ocean Springs and Pascagoula. I only live about 5 miles inland from the gulf and 40 miles east of Biloxi so I know what can be in store for these folks. I don't envy them at all. I promise you the last thing on their minds will be where Carnival can dock a ship.

Archived