Silvermoon/Thriller vs RCCL

PurpleDog

My wife and I are getting ready for our first cruise: we leave San Juan on Sunday 9/28 for 7 nights. We want to perhaps swim/snorkel with the turtles in Barbados, but would prefer a 3-3.5 hour boat trip vs a 5 hour verison ... as we are in port only from 8-5 and also want to do some shopping on Broad Street.

Has anyone done the offical RC snorkel with the turtles excursion ??

Any advice, comments, or tips would be greatly appreciated !!

Hi! My husband and I just got off the Adventure a few days ago. We did RCCL swim/snorkel with the turtles excursion and would not recommend it. There was just TOO many people on the boat. They keep you all together and you see a few turtles because they feed them, but you see more peoples legs, arms, bottoms and it is hard not to run into each other. We saw the silvermoon leaving around the same time and were wishing we would have booked them instead---not near as many people.

My wife and I are getting ready for our first cruise: we leave San Juan on Sunday 9/28 for 7 nights. We want to perhaps swim/snorkel with the turtles in Barbados, but would prefer a 3-3.5 hour boat trip vs a 5 hour verison ... as we are in port only from 8-5 and also want to do some shopping on Broad Street.

Many of the ships tours to swim with the turtles are so crowded you really can't enjoy it at all. A smaller boat/excursion that can get there before the masses arrive is always the best bet.

Just wondering if perhaps your cruise 9/28 is on the AOS?(in 2 weeks)--if so--come on over to our group: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=623929&page=72

We do have quite a few messages but don't let it worry you--you don't have to read them all.

Some of us have a full Thriller tour & are changing it to morning--but others might be getting a group together or for sure I would think you can ask if any have openings..I don't think there are any other ships in port so it would be other AOS or people staying in hotels

Archived