Fisfits?

emtnmare

My wife and I are thinking about a cruise with Princess. My only concern is about dressing up for dinner. I perfer to wear nice pants with a dress shirt and on formal nights will use a suit and tie. Is this ok or do they perfer to have formal dress every night. Thanks for any info.

You will be dressed just fine!! We have sailed with Princess 12 times. Most of the time

my husband takes a tux...there a 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise. I would say nearly 1/2 or more of the men wear suits. All other nights are "smart casual". This just means a nice pair of pants, dress pants,dockers, etc. and a casual shirt.

Now, one evening on a cruise, on formal night, I saw a woman wearing a hooded sweat shirt and birkenstocks...not a good look for formal evening!! You get the picture!!

Go, enjoy and you will have a great time.

Jeanne

A suit is fine for formal night. Tuxedos amount to about 25% of the men on the formal nights for most cruises. The majority are suit or jacket & tie.

DW & I enjoy dressing for formal night. If others don't want to, oh well, que sera.

You will be just fine with your choices.

That sounds fine. The most difficult time I had trying to convince my husband to cruise was the formal night. I compromised and suggested he just take a sport coat and tie and we could have room service or Horizon Court. When we headed out on the first formal night, about 10-15% were tuxedos and about 50% dark suits. We did see some very casual wear too. So we joined the crowd on the second formal night and have done so ever since. He wears his "Sunday best" and looks just fine.

Archived