What's the secret to

10XCRUISE

Requesting it early, telling your TA to continue to look after it & when boarding, going directly to the Maitre D's station & visiting with him!!! I just have to ask---why does anyone want a table for 2 anyway???? Don't you see enough of each other at home??? A cruise is a vacation---enjoy the company! You can have all the private time you want in your cabin!!!! JMHO!!!!

If you really want to know why we choose a table for 2......

In both of our seperate careers we are constantly surrounded by people demanding our attention. We find it very relaxing (and romantic) to share each other for 7 private days.

We are going on our 13th cruise (2nd with X) and have experienced many different table mates.

Thank you for asking....

Well, that's wonderful, I am glad to see romance alive & well! I applaud you for wanting to spend your cruise together! There is nothing wrong with that at all!

Maybe because we have no kids & spend all our time together, (no, we are NOT retired) we are fortunate to have those "moments" more frequently! Seems like when we sail, we look forward to the social ambiance! I think you will have a wonderful experience! Happy Cruising!

If you really want to know why we choose a table for 2......

In both of our seperate careers we are constantly surrounded by people demanding our attention. We find it very relaxing (and romantic) to share each other for 7 private days.

We are going on our 13th cruise (2nd with X) and have experienced many different table mates.

Thank you for asking....

We've done a few more cruises than you, and we always have a table for 2! Not getting that is a deal breaker! Our TA confirms this in the original booking, and also at the final payment. Enjoy!

WOW! I am impressed with the romance that is alive & well!!!!

I need my DH to read this (just kidding) we love to socialize on a cruise, we are lucky enough to be able to spend all our time together now a days!!! It takes a wonderfully strong marriage to sit together each night for 2 weeks on vacation on a cruise ship filled with people, IMHO!!!!

Request the table for 2 at the time of booking, make sure your TA follows up as stated above, then agree that you must double check when you board.

We always have a table for 2 and it's a deal breaker for us if we can't get it also. Same reasons, busy, busy, busy and it's our quiet time. We can visit with others all day, but want to dine with some private conversation.

Romantic? Maybe ROFL Restful? Yep

Marilyn

My DH and I TRY to get a table for 2 and it has never been honored even though our TA has requested it in advance and we also have begged the maitre d' once on board. HAL refused us and on RCI they were just downright rude with their refusal. Our first Celebrity experience will be in Jan. on a 10 dayer. Please tell me Celebrity is more willing to work with us than other lines!? We have even booked a concierge cabin hoping that would help us get priority seating and dining arrangements. Any advice or past experiences would be helpful.

We typically request a large table, but in Sept, 01, we were sailing the Century and had requested a table for 2 when we booked the cruise for a change to see if we liked it. Boy was I glad we did! We sailed Sept 29, just a few weeks after Sept 11 and the day before we left for the cruise, my company went bankrupt and I lost my job! Talk about a time when we really didn't want to talk to strangers.... :)

But all is well and we are back to cruising and have requested a large table since then. Don't really know what prompted us to get a table for 2 that time, but it sure worked out well for us!

We cruised on Celebrity last October and wanted and requested a table for 2 and didn't get it. The MatreD will be more than happy to accomodate you if at all possible. He didn't have any tables for 2 for early seating and gave us one for later seating and the next day there was a notice in our stateroom for early seating, table for 2. We just sailed again this October 13th and went with a table for 6 and had the best time with the best tablemates.

Archived