Solos and "Loyalty" programs.

Jiminkcmo

I am an NCL cruiser because I like the freestyle program and informality.

I always book a balcony cabin for the views, fresh air, etc.

And, like all other solos pay a big SS price to do this.

Has anyone approached the "Loyalty" program people and asked why a solo paying SS is not credited for 2 cruises in that cruise line's "Loyalty" program?

Seems to me that would only be fair as we pay the same amount as a couple.

Also makes me wonder why a 1 night "cruise to nowhere" get as much credit as a 1 or 2 week cruise in NCL's program.

Just wondering out loud. <G>

Jim

Actually Jim, I'm just like you. I've certainly thought about it, but never asked any of the loyalty programs.

Maybe if we band together. Or start a petition......... we'd probably go to all that trouble just for them to say no... but I'm willing if anyone thinks it's a good idea???

Nancy

Actually Jim, I'm just like you. I've certainly thought about it, but never asked any of the loyalty programs.

Maybe if we band together. Or start a petition......... we'd probably go to all that trouble just for them to say no... but I'm willing if anyone thinks it's a good idea???

Nancy

Well that would be wonderful but please don't hold your breath on this. I am a member of about 5 loyalty programs and none of them do this. Honestly single/solo cruisers don't get a fair shake when it comes to paying 200%. The other thing to remember is sometimes you can get a single/solo rate less than 200% on some cruiselines and then you know they aren't going to give you double credit. In the case of NCL I understand they rarely have anything less than 200%.

Archived