Solo on Carnival's RayRunner inflatable boat

Poohdewoop

I've booked the RayRunner tour through Carnival for my December cruise...

The ad said "drive your own inflatable boat" which attracted me because I booked it so I could be the one to drive the boat. Besides the excitement, I tend to suffer from seasickness in small boats, but like when I'm driving, not if I'm the one at the wheel.

I promise that I'm not anti-social and am perfectly willing to "go with the flow", etc. but as a solo cruiser I do not want to in a boat driven by a fellow passenger whom I do not know and may be interested in going faster or slower than I would, or worse may not be safe, etc...

On another post someone referred to the fact that they were in a boat with 3 people.

Does anyone know if I'll really be able to drive the boat myself?

Thanks in advance

I've booked the RayRunner tour through Carnival for my December cruise...

The ad said "drive your own inflatable boat" which attracted me because I booked it so I could be the one to drive the boat. Besides the excitement, I tend to suffer from seasickness in small boats, but like when I'm driving, not if I'm the one at the wheel.

I promise that I'm not anti-social and am perfectly willing to "go with the flow", etc. but as a solo cruiser I do not want to in a boat driven by a fellow passenger whom I do not know and may be interested in going faster or slower than I would, or worse may not be safe, etc...

On another post someone referred to the fact that they were in a boat with 3 people.

Does anyone know if I'll really be able to drive the boat myself?

Thanks in advance

from what I have read it takes a maximum of 3 people.(familys etc)

now there 'might' be a minimum of 2 per boat.

maybe post on the carnival ship board asking about this ( I think you'd get more people looking at your question). or see if some kind soul will ask on an upcoming cruise for you.

if you don't get a response call carnival & ask them who can verify this for you.

( we are also on a dec cruise, so can't check for you beforehand)

We went on these last November and were disappointed because we thought each couple would have their own boat. However they made us ride three to a boat. It was ok for the two people in the seats, however the third (me) ended up on the back of the boat. It was so choppy I thougth I would fall off so sat on the floor of the boat, my back was killing me. A friend of ours who also had to sit on the back had no handles to hold on to (they were torn off). The return wasn't so choppy. However in answer to your question, I think they will pair you up with other people. And it was pretty scary when my friend chose to drive pretty fast. okathy

Archived