repo cruise

frangig

Will be on the Nov. 2 repo cruise, just curious do they duplicate the menu for the second week. I was on a repo once before and they had the same menu for both Mondays, Tuesdays,.......etc. Also can you tell me what night would be their "formal" nights. Want to make some reservations for the resturants. Thanks

I have done many repo cruises and have only noticed the menu repeated a few times. Each repo cruise is different though. I don't think they have any set rules about repeating the menus. Several times I have noticed clearly new menus developed, especially for hollidays and special port specific menus.

"Dress up or not nights" are usually, but not always, on the first full sea day.

Repositioning cruise. It is when a ship is shifting from one cruising locale to another. For instance, a ship may cruise part of the year in the Caribbean and the rest in the Mediterranean. The trip back across the Atlantic, combined with a few ports, would be the repo cruise. All travel agents will know what they are. On the online travel agency sites they can be searched for specifically. They are typically longer (10-14 days) and only offered once each way per year, plus they are typically less expensive per day than the "regular" cruises with more sea days and less ports. Often labeled as transatlantic cruises.

A repo cruise stands for "repostioning, its when they take the ship out of Alaska and place it in the caribbean or Europe and vice versa. They are often 14 days in length and usually good value for the money.

I see you are already booked into cruises in 2010. How did you manage that? Even talking to a person working for NCL, all he could send me was 09 cruises. Don't know if it makes a difference that we're interested in the Baltic or repositioning either to or from Europe..

I see you are already booked into cruises in 2010. How did you manage that? Even talking to a person working for NCL, all he could send me was 09 cruises. Don't know if it makes a difference that we're interested in the Baltic or repositioning either to or from Europe..

Date and location do make a difference - Pride of America is based in Hawaii and stays there all year - hence they can offer dates for those cruises much further out than say a Baltic cruise (furtherst date I saw on NCL was August of 09) - as they haven't set the ship or itinerary for that period as yet.

Archived