Question about aft penthouse on Spirit...

Tideone

According to what we have read, there is supposed to be a place for a third person to sleep in the aft penthouses on the Spirit.

Would someone be so kind to tell me what type of bed the third person will be sleeping in.

I hope they don't think someone can sleep on the sofas like you find in the penthouses on the Pearl and Dawn.

thanks for any help you can give me.

According to what we have read, there is supposed to be a place for a third person to sleep in the aft penthouses on the Spirit.

Would someone be so kind to tell me what type of bed the third person will be sleeping in.

I hope they don't think someone can sleep on the sofas like you find in the penthouses on the Pearl and Dawn.

thanks for any help you can give me.

I checked out the cabin category on one of my favorite web sites.

Here's what they say

Category Location: Outside- Ship Side: Starboard- Position In Ship: After- Cabin Dimensions: 330 Sqf- Spirit Cabin 9212 Deck Number 9 Standard Capacity - 3 ,capacity For 1 Additional Guest(s) May Be Available With The Use Of A Crib Or Rollaway Bed. See Description Below For Available Bedding Options.vibrations Cabin Includes , Private Balcony , Bathtub , Shower , Whirlpool , Crib , Queen Size Bed , Convertible Single Sofa Bed , Digital Video Disc Player , Stereo/cd Player , Duvet , Refrigerator , Hair Dryer , Telephone , Safety Deposit Box , Television , Aft Section , Oceanview Stateroom , Starboard Side , Butler Service Butler Service Available Upon Request, Concierge Concierge Available Upon Request, Sitting Area , Dining Room Area , Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Cabin Square Footage (330) , Balcony Square Footage (84) , Pier Aft

So I'd have to say it would be a rollaway cot for the third person. We were in the AC (forward) same layout basically and I don't recall that couch being a hide-a-bed. However, I see with the above description that they are not listing a pull out couch as the option for the 3rd person.

We did have fellow cruisers who stayed in the AD who thoroughly enjoyed the penthouse - other than the slight vibrations occassionally. That problem may have been fixed - but not sure. They put a hand towel under the glasses to stop the clinking. Nice suite.

We had 9710 (AD) on the Spirit, and yes, it's a pull out couch in the living area. We acutally used it several times because the DVD player was in the living area and not the bedroom so we watched a bunch of movies with the couch pulled out. It wasn't too bad. It's also nice that the 3rd person will be in a separate room and there is a full wall and door between the bedroom and the living area. However, the bathroom in the AD suite is completly open to the bedroom, there is no real separation (although I think there's a curtain). But the 3rd person in the living room would have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. I think it's a fine set up for kids, but not for a 3rd adult. It's a GREAT suite though!

We were in AB suite 10502 which is forward. There was a pull out couch for the thrid person.

Maryln, we will be on the Spirit in March in the same suite, AB10502. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a door or curtain between the bedroom and the rest of the suite?

2. Could you lay out on the front balcony, or was the wind to strong when you were at sea?

3. Is there a balcony off of the bedroom?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

Maryln, we will be on the Spirit in March in the same suite, AB10502. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a door or curtain between the bedroom and the rest of the suite?

2. Could you lay out on the front balcony, or was the wind to strong when you were at sea?

3. Is there a balcony off of the bedroom?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

1.) There is a door between the bedroom & living room area.

2.) We only sat on the front balcony while leaving & entering ports or while in port. There are 2 chairs, not lounge chairs, though.

3.) Yes, there is a balcony off the bedroom.

I wrote a 2 part review back in May, if you're interested. Let me know if you'd like me to email photos to you. It's a terrific suite. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :D

1.) There is a door between the bedroom & living room area.

2.) We only sat on the front balcony while leaving & entering ports or while in port. There are 2 chairs, not lounge chairs, though.

3.) Yes, there is a balcony off the bedroom.

I wrote a 2 part review back in May, if you're interested. Let me know if you'd like me to email photos to you. It's a terrific suite. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :D

Maryln, Thanks for the quick response. We would love to see the photos. You can e-mail to shelenacker@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Frank

Archived