Carnival Victory: Bar/Restaurant Questions

Cruisebride2005

I'm a first time cruiser who will be married on the Carnival Victory in January 2005. As we get closer to our date of departure, my fiance and I need to finalise our week itinerary (we have 30 guests sailing with us).

In particular, we are hoping to hold a welcome cocktail reception the first night on the ship before a late-seating dinner (around 6). Can anyone recommend a good bar/lounge that would be open and appropriate for such an event?

We are also hoping to host a rehearsal lunch on the 4th day of the cruise (an at-sea day). What would our options be for this? We're hoping for someplace casual where we could easily pick up the bar tab.

Any help would by much appreciated!

I agree with Tef43 about contacting Guest Services with your requests. But, the Ionion Room would be perfect for your small get together- it's the cigar bar if I'm not mistaken. There are never many folks in there anyway and it's nice and intimate.

They should be able to accommodate your rehearsal lunch in the Dining Room with no problem at all. The Maitre'd could probably put some nice tables together near the windows for your group. The dining room is already open, but they could put your group on a different side than everyone else in the lower/outer sections.

I agree to start with guest services...Ionian Room is by far the prettiest and best appointed. One thing about timing is that it is directly under the disco with an open staircase above so make sure it is early...I think you said six so no problem. Just be sure camp carnival is not in full swing up there with the Cha Cha slide and so on! You can hear all of the music and activity loud and clear!

Also, the piano bar gets quite raunchy...really. Another thought that we took full advantage of IF your group is small and IF Carnival would bring up drinks is the Indian Library. It's little but really pretty and peaceful when doors are closed.

All this to say that Ionian is the best spot, just check on Club Arctic beforehand. The light up dance floor shines directly below!

Archived