Is the Windsurf gone Bad? Some say yes.

cindiloowho

Please, anyone who has done a Windsurf cruise lately, let us know, as we are booked on the Transatlantic from Lisbon to Barbados in Nov, and we have heard some negative stuff since Holland America let it go. Anyone with first hand information because we have been on this cruise line many, many times, and have had a good, even grand experience and don't want to be dissapointed.

Our Monaco Grand Prix cruise in May was excellent. Food was better than expected, staff is the same efficient friendly and fun group we remembered from our 2 previous Windsurf trips.

I would check to make sure the same chef is aboard, his name is Erwin.

He was everywhere making sure the food was top notch....

The one thing that needs attention is some parts of the ship are showing a bit of wear..

Cabins were excellent!

Have fun!

Just got off Windsurf in Venice after a week cruise from Rome. It was wonderful (we've been on Windsurf once prior to this trip!) If you like Yoga, Pilates, etc. you'll enjoy Monique who is head of fitness. She'll still be on the ship. Told her I wish I could be on the transatlantic crossing in November to do Yoga with her each day. All the crew is as wonderful, cheerful, and warm as always. They've added two new restaurants as an option for dinner (you can go in shorts) - one is CANDLES (on the deck by the pool) and LE MARCHE (seafood) outside of Compass Rose near pool. Both were good.

Enjoy your two weeks.

Just to add: The addition of the two new restaurants does seem to have put a little strain on the service at all the restaurants in the evening, as I don't think they have added more staff. Not bad service, just noticed it to be a little slower than our last trip. Probably won't be an issue on the transatlantic crossing since ship may not be full.

Please, anyone who has done a Windsurf cruise lately, let us know, as we are booked on the Transatlantic from Lisbon to Barbados in Nov, and we have heard some negative stuff since Holland America let it go. Anyone with first hand information because we have been on this cruise line many, many times, and have had a good, even grand experience and don't want to be dissapointed.

We were on the boat last week. The wait staff, as mentioned is wonderful, the food is adequate, the ship is nice. All I can say for you is that you must just like to boat ride. I got "cabin fever" in just one week. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived