No more Seasick Ear Patch

Ron & Faye

Hi all. Just as info, my doctor phoned in a prescription for the behind the ear patch which I have used many times and never had a problem. I went to the drug store today to pick it up and the druggist told me they had no more and would not be getting any more because the manufacturer pulled it from the market. My doctor was closed by the time I got home, so I didn't get to talk to him. Will have to wait till Monday. Anyone else found this of recent. Thanks Ron

I've not heard of the Transderm Scōp® patch being discontinued. There have been on and off periods where they were hard to come by though. Beleive it or not, the military is a large user of these and sometimes depletes the stock.

The manufacturer website doesn't have any press releases about it either... http://www.transdermscop.com/index.htm?gclid=CNfl3dKb15UCFSIhDQodc06IZQ

I'd just call around to other pharmacies - You're bound to find one with stock.

*** EDIT ***

sorry for the duplicate information - apparently, others are WAY faster at typing than I am ;)

Just picked up my patches from CVS for my October cruise. It works wonderfully. We had 20+ ft seas last April on the Jewel of the Seas transatlantic and though I am prone to seasickness, I felt great. In 2007, my 96 lb. daughter used them on another transatlantic and got deathly ill from the patch (per the ships doctor and about a thousand bucks later). It's one size fits all and obviously, it would be stronger for her at her weight than me. I swear by them.

A few years ago there was a shortage of the patch. I went to Target and they were out and were unsure when they would get it back in. I went to a few more drug stores and no luck. That is when I remembered a new CVS had just opened and I went there...they had it. Maybe the drug store is not selling it anymore.

I had this problem with one of my medications after surgery. I had a hard time finding it at a pharmacy. What had happened is the lot of the drug that went to Oklahoma had a problem and they had to pull it. I called around and it took me awhile but i finally found it at a cvs. My problem then was it was a prescription that could not be called in and i only had 5 days to fill it or i would have to get a new prescriptions from my doctor which would mean another doctors visit.

You might try calling around. You may want to try a smaller pharmacy where not as many people may frequent.

I used the patch one time and didn't like the way I felt. Same with a friend of mine, so I researched the web and found a fantastic product used by sailors called Motion Eaze. It is an all natural oil that you put behind your ear when you feel the first symptom. Example: I was on an elevator with a man who was feeling the rolling seas, and he was really green. He was heading to the pool area to try and get some air. I told him about the oil and told him to try putting some behind his ear. He did and by the time we got to the pool area, he was feeling fine. My son also used this on a recent fishing trip where the waves were crashing over the bow. It doesn't stop you from feeling ill, but as soon as you do, you can put the oil on and all symptoms go away. Since it is all natural, it is safe for anyone any age. It is for relief of symptoms not prevention. The website is WWW.motioneaze.com and I highly recommend it. This is my thought of the day!!!:)

Archived