Navigator 11/17/04

Jamie

Hello to Skip's Dad, Cruising Kate and anyone else going on this one. My husband and I are both 44 and recently moved to the Tampa area from the Philadelphia suburbs. This will be our first Radisson cruise and are very much looking forward to it. Any other Navigator cruisers out there?

Jamie

Hi Jamie....

Look forward to seeing you onboard. I think our cabin is on the same deck as yours! We are traveling with my partner's parents. We are arriving Tampa the night prior to the cruise, so I am sure we will see each other around early-on.

All of the reviews about the Ship and Staff sound very nice. I am sure that it will be a wonderful cruise. We still talk about our cruise on the Diamond last year.

Hi Jamie

We have been on at least 12 RSSC cruises and got hooked on the first one. We could be your parents but love to meet the young people on these cruises. We have been on all RSSC except Gaugin. Two on Song of Flower which were were great. We are in cabin 703 and would really enjoy meeting you.

Cruising Kate

Hi you two. Maybe we could meet for a drink onboard? We'll be in cabin 822.

A question: I know there will be one formal night. Do either of you know how many will be informal and how many casual?

Jamie

Your documents should tell you how many casual and informal nights. However once you are on the cruise many times they change it. They never change the formal nights. Most Caribbean cruises are more casual. For the first time my husband is not bringing a tux but only a dark suit. We have found more people are doing this. It saves the extra things you have to bring for a tux. However there will be a lot of tux so either way you will not be out of place.

We should get our documents tomorrow. Our travel agent is in Florida and she looks everything over and then sends them to us.

Hi to both of you....I apologize for not replying sooner. Two weeks from now we should all be on board and probably enjoying a cocktail or glass of wine. We received our Documents and even put in an on-line request for a tour. Looking forward to another nice RSSC experience.

Jamie...I think you said you live in the Tampa area . How far is the port from the airport? Is it easiest to take a taxi from the airport to the port? We arrive on the 16th and will probably overnight near the airport. I'm just trying to plan the best way to get to the ship and woudl appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Skip's Dad,

I would say the distance from TIA to the cruise terminal is about 5 miles and would take roughly 15 minutes. I'm sure a cab would be the way to go. I've read it's a flat fee of $20 for the trip. If you are staying over the night before, your hotel may very well provide a shuttle to the port. My husband and I just made our first foray into downtown Tampa last weekend (we live about 35 minutes west of downtown) for the auto show. When leaving the convention center, we saw signs for the cruise terminal and headed over to have a look. It's in a newly developed area called Channelside which includes the Florida Aquarium and a shops/restaurants/entertainment complex. There are a couple of hotels there as well. I think one is the Marriott Waterside.

See you soon!

Jamie

Archived