free things on celebrity--coffee/berries, etc--going next week

elaineo

Last time I was on Celebrity, the Wine Tasting class was free if you were a Captain's Club member.... is that still true? (I never like the wines they serve, but free wine is free wine. ) :D
No free wine tasting, but a wine mixing class for Select and Elite members on our last 3 cruises.

LLBgal,

The pre-dinner cheese/fruit platters can be ordered by any cabin - we were not in CC or suite and had no problem ordering - for as many people as we requested. Just call room service and ask. There is no charge. We always ordered ahead, and our wonderful cabin attendant made sure the platters were delivered on time, along with extra glasses for our pre-dinner guests.

FLJudi

One response on this thread, and also duplicated in several other threads, mentions items which are always available. Two commonly mentioned are shrimp cocktail and steak. Well, I saw others getting shrimp cocktail so I asked and ordered it also. I did it once. The four or five 51-60 count shrimp served in a silver "chalice" over lettuce and then with a unmemorable cocktail sauce left something to be desired. When I tried to order the steak I was strongly discouraged by the waiter (I think he saying it was akin to shoe leather - Ruth Chris this is not!). However, being the simple(ton) person that I am, since I'm not a fancy dessert eater, I found I could always get a scoop of ice cream or sherbet/sorbet for dessert.

Other threads mention that they have never (or rarely) been to a catering establishment where the food is as good as Celebrity's. My business has allowed me to dine on catered food (and I don't mean cafeteria) served at social functions, such as weddings. I don't want to imply that Celebrity food is like dining at a KofC or American Legion Hall, but the majority of good caterers put out food that compares extremely favorable versus Celebrity. Have you ever had a really great baked potato on a Celebrity Cruise? or a bone-on prime rib three inches off the edge of your plate?

One of my favorite treats with cruise food is to be able to try out items which I probably would not at a restaurant. There are many dinners where no appetizers or soups really thrill me and there are often times where more than one appetizers and/or soups "get my curiosity". One of the "freebies" is the ability to eat more than appetizer or one soup. And on a rare occasion, and another "freebie", maybe once or twice on a 14 day cruise, where I just can't make up my mind on an entree, I'll order two different ones.

Char

I am a select CC member and received notice about the Cabernet Blending class... Does Celebrity check your CC member type for I have a couple that I would like to bring with us to this event?

Rich in N VA

Hey Rich :D

This is by invitation only. If you make friends with the Social Hostess or the CC coordinator you might ask if your friends could also get an invite.

One response on this thread, and also duplicated in several other threads, mentions items which are always available. Two commonly mentioned are shrimp cocktail and steak. Well, I saw others getting shrimp cocktail so I asked and ordered it also. I did it once. The four or five 51-60 count shrimp served in a silver "chalice" over lettuce and then with a unmemorable cocktail sauce left something to be desired. When I tried to order the steak I was strongly discouraged by the waiter (I think he saying it was akin to shoe leather - Ruth Chris this is not!). However, being the simple(ton) person that I am, since I'm not a fancy dessert eater, I found I could always get a scoop of ice cream or sherbet/sorbet for dessert.

Other threads mention that they have never (or rarely) been to a catering establishment where the food is as good as Celebrity's. My business has allowed me to dine on catered food (and I don't mean cafeteria) served at social functions, such as weddings. I don't want to imply that Celebrity food is like dining at a KofC or American Legion Hall, but the majority of good caterers put out food that compares extremely favorable versus Celebrity. Have you ever had a really great baked potato on a Celebrity Cruise? or a bone-on prime rib three inches off the edge of your plate?

One of my favorite treats with cruise food is to be able to try out items which I probably would not at a restaurant. There are many dinners where no appetizers or soups really thrill me and there are often times where more than one appetizers and/or soups "get my curiosity". One of the "freebies" is the ability to eat more than appetizer or one soup. And on a rare occasion, and another "freebie", maybe once or twice on a 14 day cruise, where I just can't make up my mind on an entree, I'll order two different ones.

They'll tear you up on here if you say bad things about Celebrity.

Archived