Explorer in NJ., what time do you usually get off ship...?

Rahi

Thanks for any answers.. My husband will be picking us up...and I want to give him a good idea when to be there..without him waiting a long while.. Any other tips on that part would be great.. Would he pick us up same place he will drop us off at ??

Well, we had 'ORANGE' (which is 3rd from the last color called) and it was called at a little after 10 am.

I'd say from first to last color takes at least 90 minutes. (??? someone can correct me if I'm wrong. You know how time slows when you are NOT having fun ;))

Hope that helps.

If I take my own luggage off.. around what time? Does RCL let you do this???

This explains self assist.

REQUIREMENTS ARE

Guests with RCCL transfers may not participate in program, you must have your own travel arrangements made.

Be able to carry all your own luggage off the ship as no assistence will be provided and you must be able to get your luggage on and off the bus also yourself.

Be ready to leave immediately upon arrival and clearence of the vessel. Express walkoff is ONLY available BEFORE first color is called. NO WALKOFF LUGGAGE WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER THIS TIME.

Guests must be registered at Guest Relations for the program. Due to certain restrictions , space is very limited. To avoid disappointment please register as early as possible.

You must be in possession of an Express departure ticket issued by guest services upon registering for express walk off.

You will not put your luggage outside your door on the last night but keep it in cabin with you

There will be an announcement made for Express Walkoff only in the morning and you will proceed to deck 1

IF there is inclimate weather upon arrival in Bayonne when we return, registered express walk off guests will be given priority tags instead for luggage as express walk off program will be cancelled.

Please remember onboard accounts must be finalized before leaving ship

You will wait in studio B until announcement is made for express walk off and please remember this is the only window of time that you will be permitted to do express walk off.

You will sign up at the Guest Relation desk and will be given a express walk off departure ticket which will be checked as you get off the ship. only guests with express departure tickets will be permitted off the ship at that time and you must have all your luggage with you.

We live about a half hour south of Bayonne.We will be on the explorer for the Nov 1 cruise.My daughter will drop us off.When we return we call her when our color is called and by the time we get our bags and go thru customs she will be outside on the side road,we will call her and she will just drive around the corner.If you are that close it may work and no long waiting.

We live about a half hour south of Bayonne.We will be on the explorer for the Nov 1 cruise.My daughter will drop us off.When we return we call her when our color is called and by the time we get our bags and go thru customs she will be outside on the side road,we will call her and she will just drive around the corner.If you are that close it may work and no long waiting.

We are 2 1/2 hrs away from N.J...so sadly that won't work.

I was with one of the first groups to leave the ship last Thursday and we were off and in our car by 9am.

When we were on the Explorer two years ago they did not let passengers leave til almost 10am because of immigration issues.

Might I suggest that you tell your DH to pick you up about 9-9:30 ish. If you are later there is a shopping center right by the port entrance where he can get a cup of coffee and relax while waiting if you are taking longer.

First, it depends on if the ship is on time. Then, how do you intend to get off the ship - walk off express (hauling ALL your luggage) up and down stairs b/c as others said, the elevators are pretty nonexistent due to the crowds. They started that service at 8. I believe most were off by 8:30-8:45.

If you plan to put your luggage in the hall the night before and just sit and wait for your color tag to be called, they usually send you to the Palace Theater and that's dependent solely on what color you have. I did this method and and my color (red) was about third from last. We left at 10:10 and then you have to trudge back over to the other side of the ship to get off, then retrieve luggage, go thru Customs and we were boarding our RCI transfer at about 10:45.

We did the self assist, but there only a certain amount of slots to do this.

BUT, there are no elevators, so be prepared to carry your luggage ALL THE WAY DOWN THE STAIRS. :eek:

We were off the ship before 9.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=827393

Can you drag your luggage down steps.. what I mean is.. mine would be on wheels.. and I remember once on NCL... there was virtually no elevators to be had at the time to leave.. we all had to wheel them down the steps.. It was doable.. IF I had to really carry..not sure I could..

Hi: I was wondering what time the ship leaves, I live 1/2 hour away from the port and I wanted to take a drive there next Saturday to see the ship upclose wish I could go in to see it but seeing the outside alone will get me pumped for mine!! :)

Hi: I was wondering what time the ship leaves, I live 1/2 hour away from the port and I wanted to take a drive there next Saturday to see the ship upclose wish I could go in to see it but seeing the outside alone will get me pumped for mine!! :)

5 PM.. :)

Archived