Travel to airport from Port Everglades

tinkerbell333

There is a free bus from the port to the airport. I believe it is mainly for transportation of passengers who are renting a car but the bus driver did not request to see our car rental confirmation. They take you right to the airport where the car rental companies have their offices. It helps if you don't have too much luggage.

There was a line of taxis waiting right outside the terminal. It appeared to be very easy to secure a cab and the ride to the airport was just minutes away.

I also give advantage to a taxi as you will not have to wait on others to fill a transfer bus/van.

There is a free bus from the port to the airport. I believe it is mainly for transportation of passengers who are renting a car but the bus driver did not request to see our car rental confirmation. They take you right to the airport where the car rental companies have their offices. It helps if you don't have too much luggage.

Is it one shuttle bus for all car rental companies or does each car rental have it's own designated bus?

Depending on traffic, the cab fare could be less than $10.00. We were first off the ship on a Sunday morning ( no traffic )and our fare was under $10.00

We made the mistake of getting the Princess transfer. We sat in the bus for 45 minutes before it left. Fortunately our flight wasn't for a few more hours so it was toss-up between sitting on an air conditioned bus next to the ship or in an air conditioned airport. We'll choose the airport next time.

It is so easy to just go out and grab a cab at the port to the airport. It only takes about 5 minutes to get there so our fare has never been more than $12. Sometimes they try to charge you more so make sure they run the meter. On the car rental buses. How far do you have to walk from the rental car offices to the gates when you do that?

Take a cab, it is the cheapest option anywhere . Less than 10 minutes if average traffic. $12 to 15 dollars is what I remember paying. No hassle , lots of waiting cabs.

I'm not sure I would bother with trying to get on a rental car shuttle. We took it once when we dropped off a Hertz car at the airport.

Archived