New on RC

Joan R

We have traveled on the Celebrity line and love it. Next Dec 2005 we are going on the Jewel of the Sea for 8 days. Any thoughts on what to expect on this ship. We are on deck 3, inside cabins, very cheap price (I guess no surprise).

Also by husband enjoys Eggs Benedict for breakfast, does this ship offer it? Also how about expresso coffee on the menus? Any tips are all appreicated.

Thanks

is a beautiful ship... I think you'll really enjoy your sailing....

Yes, Eggs Benedict for breakfast... make sure he specifies his preference on how he well done he want's his eggs... I do not like mine "hard" and if I remember to specify, they come exactly as ordered.

Expresso coffee on the menus... yes (for an extra charge) and also available from the coffee shop (at a charge)... If you have enough sailings on Celebrity to cross over to the Diamond level on RCI you'll be able to enjoy free expresso in the Concierge Lounge.

You'll love the Jewel... she is a beautiful ship... with a great crew.

If you have enough sailings on Celebrity to cross over to the Diamond level on RCI you'll be able to enjoy free expresso in the Concierge Lounge.

I had not heard that this was available. What are the requirements, and is it also available the other way?

Starting some time in 2005, RCCL passengers who are Platinum or Diamond level will be able to receive the perks offered at the equivalent elite levels on Celebrity, and vice versa. But you don't combine credits; i.e., if you have 5 RCCL and 5 X cruises, you aren't Diamond on you next RCCL cruise. But if you have 10 on RCCL and 1 on Celebrity, when you next sail on Celebrity, you will be in their over-10-cruises level (sorry, I don't know what it's called).

Archived