"Bed" curtains in balcony cabins on the Mariner

katgilm

I can tell from the photos that there is a curtain that appears to separate the bed from the sofa area. Does that curtain actually go all the way across the room to close the area off, or is it "decorative" only? My husband sometimes likes to stay up later reading - with lights on of course- so I am hoping we can close it off so that I can sleep!

We have stayed in Cat Es, Ds, and JS on Voyager-class ships; we've stayed in a D and JSs on the Mariner. None of our rooms had anything other than a decorative curtain which unfurled to provide approximately two feet of separation between the bed and the sofa/love seat/chair.

On the Radiance class ships, the Junior Suites have a curtain that pulls out from the wall along a track that is the length of the bed.

Over the beds on most/all ships are wall lamps on one switch with a tiny reading light on another switch. Maybe if your husband uses this reading light only, you will have a room dark enough to allow you to sleep.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

The curtains on the Mariner do NOT close all the way. They are more for decoration. If you try and draw the curtain you may get about 2 feet at most.

The GS has a fantastic privacy curtain, but cabins below that do not....unfortunately :(

The curtains are evidently different in each room, judging from the answers the OP has been receiving. We had an FO (Family Oceanview) on the Mariner two weeks ago and the bed curtain did indeed go all the way across the room, totally separating the bed area from the sitting area. We used the curtain a couple of times and it was great!

Archived