recent Galaxy cruisers

stever

In my opinion you are cutting it close.

Having a 10:30 flight means getting to the airport by at least 8:30 in Rome. There will be tons of people doing the same thing so expect long lines and waits. If I remember correctly ( although it could have been in Munich ), once through security, you have to go through a second time before you board you flight so expect more lines and waits.

The trip to the airport out of the terminal and through town can take up to an hour, if your car service isn't stuck waiting in line with all the others.

It is possible the ship may not clear as early as it should and they won't start disembarkation on schedule.

But if all goes well, you could be off by 5:30 or 6:00 catch your car service to the airport have no traffic, be one of the first in line to check in and have no problems.......Which is most likely what will happen.

I just like to allow time for anything unexpected to happen.

Best wishes on your trip

Dave:eek:

I was wondering what time did debarkation start. I have a 10:30am flight. Am figuring a transfer at 6:30am would be fine.

Thank you,

Steve

Steve, we just returned from our eastern med. cruise. We had a 10 am flight out of Rome. We were the first out of the ship at 5:40 am and had plenty of time at the airport. Unfortunately we were ready to go,on the plane but there was a problem with the plane and we sat on the tarmac for 3 1/2 hours. We missed our connection home and ended up taking the last flight from JFK to Las Vegas, getting home at 2 am. Long day of travel and happy to be home. As a side note, because we were at the airport early we were able to upgrade to business class from Rome to JFK for points and only $400.

Have a great cruise,

Lori

Steve,

I have exactly the same issue re the Galaxy, I'm on the 3rd Oct sailing and our flight back is at Ciampino for 10.30am. I'm looking and asking on the roll call if anyone else wants to join us but suffering a lack of people flying to the UK it seems..maybe we'll be the only Brits on the cruise! lol

Tinka14

Archived