Island Star 29th Jan 09

bgd

We have done a pick up flight before when we went to the Maldives, we flew from Manchester and yes we picked up at Gatwick and dropped off there on the way back.

We recieved confirmation of our flights today, flying with Monarch departing Glasgow 11:30

You can turn left at Glasgow and that will take you to the Caribbean as well !!!!!

. Have you got your flights ?? :)

Wullie

We have done a pick up flight before when we went to the Maldives, we flew from Manchester and yes we picked up at Gatwick and dropped off there on the way back.

We recieved confirmation of our flights today, flying with Monarch departing Glasgow 11:30

You can turn left at Glasgow and that will take you to the Caribbean as well !!!!!

. Have you got your flights ?? :)

Wullie

Hi Wullie,

Interesting that you have got flight confirmations, as I haven't had ours yet for Dec 18th flight! I'm still praying they change it from Thomas Cook to any other airline!

Noticed the 10am flight from LGW is a Virgin flight so I think that will be direct. The Monarch flight from LGW leaves at 8am and will probably go up to GLA.

Cheers....Steve

We are on a Thomas cook flight - thank good ness cos the virgin flight which we got offered an upgrade to - for £100 has got 2 inches LESS legroom ! Thomas Cook have upgraded their planes like First Choice for long haul - so should be good legroom ! We flew to Cayo Coco earlier this year with First Choice and was a lovely flight.

anje

Hi Ange, Steve

Don't know about you but there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on this site, loads of views but no or very little responses.

Steve, my brother in law and wife are going with Ocean Village on October the 30th and they still haven't had flight times yet!!!

Anyway, Ange, will hopefully meet on board

(never know whether to call it a ship or boat, hopefully someone will explain the difference).

Let me be the first to wish you a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year :)

Wullie

hey Wullie !

The distinction between a ship and a boat varies depending on regional definitions, but as a general rule, a boat can fit onto a ship, but a ship cannot fit onto a boat. A ship, in other words, is a very large ocean-going vessel, while a boat tends to be much smaller. Additionally, a ship usually is defined as having a displacement larger than 500 tons. During the age of sailing, a craft with three or more rigged masts was considered to be a ship, but this definition has been superseded, as different methods of power generation are used on modern ships.

A ship requires a crew of people to run smoothly, while a boat can often be handled by one person alone. The system of authority on board a ship is also very clear-cut, with crew members organized into ranks. When a boat is large enough to have a crew, the members of the crew often work together under the captain in a much more casual fashion. Ships also usually carry boats on board, in the form of life rafts and rescue boats. These boats are also sometimes used to ferry people and supplies between the ship and the shore, since very large ships cannot fit into some harbors, due to their draft or inability to fit under a bridge.

Does that help !

Not much on this site about our cruise line at all !

I did start a Roll call thread so you could add yourself to that !

as for Christmas aaaargh - looking forward to the cruise but not wishing my life away to get to Christmas ! Thanks anyway !

do you and your wife smoke? - just wondering.

Well I would like to say I am a non smoker having given up for 18 months but sadly I caved in the other day so no doubt will be looking for the smoking deck lol oops ! are you on facebook?

Did you pre book your cabin? we did on diamond deck - wish now we had a balcony but they have all gone now so too late to upgrade !

anje

On Facebook, but only for the 2nd time today so a complete novice

my email address is bgd@blueyonder.co.uk

We started off on Coral Deck but got the chance to upgrade to Sapphire deck which we took, but no balcony either. Will wait till final payment day and see if anyone has cancelled a balcony cabin.

Wullie

Archived