Just Returned SOU - NYC Awesome!

mycruz

Just returned yesterday from our northern Atlantic TA cruise from Southampton to NYC on the Sea Princess. We visited some very interesting places including Bergen, Faroes, Shetlands, Iceland and Greenland. We missed the port of St. John's Newfoundland but had a great time. Any specific questions, I'll be glad to answer. I'll also be posting a review in the next few days.

We'll be visiting the same ports next Sept. Southampton to NYC on the Crown. Any information on any of the ports would be appreciated. I've read that a private guide is a good idea in Iceland - did you do a ship's tour or private? What did you think of Greenland? Did you do a ship's tour for the other ports? Looking forward to reading your review. How was the weather?

Thanks,

Susan and Neil

I highly recommend Roy through shetlandtours.co.uk in Lerwick. We also had private tours in both ports in Iceland through the same tour operator, David with Iceland Horizon Tours. David drove up to Akureyri and provided a tour there and then met us the next day in Reykjavik and had an additional van for more of our group. We had wonderful tours both days and both Odin and David were fantastic. In Torshavn we rented a car and toured the island on our own and saw some places none of the tours went to which made it really nice. Greenland was very close to missing however our captain did a fantastic job getting us to step foot on Greenland, it was sooooooo cold! remember, I'm from FL and the cold weather was nice for the most part but Greenland was very windy and cold. We missed St. John's Newfoundland due to bad weather, however the cruise was fantastic. If you would like details, email me at swintmf@yahoo.com Just make sure you put your name in the subject if you send an email so I'll know it's you!

Mary

HI Martha, I booked the day it became available, back in March of 2007. I am pretty sure that Princess has this itinerary for 2010, however it will most likely be on the larger ships as they are planning on using larger ships in the Med at least in the next couple of years.

Susie and Martha-one of our fellow cruisers just updated his website with our cruise and I think you would enjoy seeing it. Just go to the Sea Princess Roll call for August 30, 2008 and look for Dave and Kate's latest post.

Enjoy!

Mary

Archived