Car Rental near pier in Charleston?

ACruise4us

I would like to rent a car near the pier for two days and return it to the airport on the day we leave. Is there any car rentals near the pier within walking distance?

Thank you for any help.

I don't know for a fact but I doubt there are any rental car companies near the pier. The historic district is dense, land very expensive, and zoning is highly regulated. I think there is a Budget Rental on Meeting Street but it is a long walk from the pier.

BTW, if you stay downtown, a rental car is a bad idea. Parking not cheap, street parking is impossible to find, and you can walk everywhere.

If you aren't staying downtown, you would be better off puting the rental car money towards a downtown hotel and skip the rental.

I don't know for a fact but I doubt there are any rental car companies near the pier. The historic district is dense, land very expensive, and zoning is highly regulated. I think there is a Budget Rental on Meeting Street but it is a long walk from the pier.

BTW, if you stay downtown, a rental car is a bad idea. Parking not cheap, street parking is impossible to find, and you can walk everywhere.

If you aren't staying downtown, you would be better off puting the rental car money towards a downtown hotel and skip the rental.

I was thinking there where not any rentals downtow since I have not seen any on my search yet. We are coming in via the airport a day earlier and then I will shuttle to the downtown hotel. But on our way back we are staying two days before we fly out and I want to travel around some and leave early in the a.m. from the airport so would rather stay close to the airport. Thanks for your help.

I was thinking there where not any rentals downtow since I have not seen any on my search yet. We are coming in via the airport a day earlier and then I will shuttle to the downtown hotel. But on our way back we are staying two days before we fly out and I want to travel around some and leave early in the a.m. from the airport so would rather stay close to the airport. Thanks for your help.

Mary, the night before the cruise, I'd stay at one of the airport hotels like the Embassy that have shuttle to and from the airport and port.

The trip back, stay downtown. In just two short days it isn't worth leaving downtown to explore the outer areas because there is so much downtown.

For a great moderately priced hotel, call The Andrew Pinckney. Staying outside downtown gives you a whole different feel for Charleston.

Archived