European customer - ok to book NCL via US agent?

OhPinchy

Now that we have decided to go with NCL for our cruise, I'm shopping around and it seems the prices available in the US are much cheaper - if we could book via a US travel agent it would probably save us over $500.

Does anyone know if it's ok to book NCL cruises via a US agent if you are a customer in Europe? I do recall this being discussed on the boards but can't think of the term to search for so haven't been able to find the relevant threads.

Also, I know RCI don't let agents sell discounted prices - do NCL offer deals via travel agents? Any tips on a good US travel agent that I can use to order from Ireland (web & phone) are much appreciated - my address is ohpinchy1980@hotmail.com. Thanks.

I've just booked with a US travel agent and made savings of over $800 compared to the price I would pay here and it's even cheaper than the NCL.com website.

I did a web search and found a site that allows you to post your preferred itinerary and then travel agents compete to offer you the best cruise price. They send you quotes and you choose from that.

I found a great price from a travel agent that is very large in the US and I was able to find a good bit of info on them online and their rep was very professional and helpful on the phone so I felt comfortable booking with them. He helped me find what I think is a very nice balcony cabin on deck 9 - deckplans.com shows there are cabins above and below it so there shouldn't be any noise problems from discos, pools etc.

Archived