hit twice for rescheduling fee

WCAB

I couldn't believe it, I was hit twice this weekend for two unrelated rescheduling fees. my daughter is flying on Coninental and was scheduled for Saturday. She was dropping kids off and going home on Sunday on Delta, to return in to weeks to visit and pick up the kids. When hurricane hit Houston, had to reschedule both the Saturday and Sunday flight. Delta charged $150.00 to reschedule Sunday's flight. OK I'm over that.

Fast forward to Sunday. My sister comes over and said she is sick because she miscounted our cruise days in October by one day. She counted the cruise day as day one counted 10 days and had us returning on November 9 instead of November 10th. My mistake was not double checking the dates when she gave them to me. This mistake cost me $375.00 to reschedule three tickets by one day. Talk about flushing money down the toilet. What upsets me is that I paid cash for origonal trips but because these charges were unexpected I had to charge the penalty fees. Guess I will be cutting back on excursions.

You are right, just one of those things, especially #1. I learned a lesson with #2, check and recheck others calculations. Can't get too upset with my sister as she has a big heart and is always thinking of others.

Depending on the connections, you MAY be entitled to a refund on Delta.

IF the origination/connection was through (or various other cities) and travel was September 11-15, you could rebook for free.

Here are the rules:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/flight_status_updates/advisories/hanna/index.jsp

Hope you can get your money back.

Archived