Sheraton Yankee Clipper?

rozen

We have stayed there 3 x in past 3 years. We like proximity to beach and the hotel pools. Hotel has always been clean and well run. We always have a rental car so we are not dependent on taxis, shuttles etc. for transportation. We have not used hotel restaurant for breakfast or dinner so cannot comment on that. We often walk down to Beach Place in evening for restaurants/bars.

I feel it is a good solid 3 * hotel for $100/night...

I stayed there several months ago. The location can't be beat -- right on the beach, while most Fort Lauderdale beach hotels are across the street from the beach. But the hotel is showing its age. It's scheduled to be closed completely in 2009 for a total renovation. My advice: If you don't like the first room you get, go back to the front desk and ask to see others. Quality of the rooms is very spotty, and they're not putting any money into the hotel since it will be closing.

• 2 weeks later...
I booked it for Feb. 7,2009 150.00/night.... Reading the above, i feel like I am getting shafted!

December and February are very different pricing in Florida. Up until a few days before Christmas (usually about the 20th) rates are still shoulder season. I would be thrilled to get this hotel for $150.00 for my date of Feb. 27th. If done lots of looking and lots of bidding and still nothing.

You did not get shafted!

Be happy!:)

I booked it for Feb. 7,2009 150.00/night.... Reading the above, i feel like I am getting shafted!

When comparing prices in Florida, one must look at the hotel's rack rate on the date you are staying, compared to the the date of someone else's stay. 'rozen' is staying on Dec 12, (not long after the end of hurricane season) and you are staying Feb 7.(part way into the spring break season) According to the Sheraton website, the rate on Dec 12 is $179. The rate on Feb 7 is $245. So, 'rozen' got a discount of 42%, and you got a discount of 39%. I don't think you got shafted too badly, unless you consider I got the same hotel through Priceline, on Feb 11 and 12, for $135+$4.17 of bonus bucks. The bonus bucks are given by Priceline every once in a while. That means I got a discount of 44%.:D

When comparing prices in Florida, one must look at the hotel's rack rate on the date you are staying, compared to the the date of someone else's stay. 'rozen' is staying on Dec 12, (not long after the end of hurricane season) and you are staying Feb 7.(part way into the spring break season) According to the Sheraton website, the rate on Dec 12 is $179. The rate on Feb 7 is $245. So, 'rozen' got a discount of 42%, and you got a discount of 39%. I don't think you got shafted too badly, unless you consider I got the same hotel through Priceline, on Feb 11 and 12, for $135+$4.17 of bonus bucks. The bonus bucks are given by Priceline every once in a while. That means I got a discount of 44%.:D

Archived