Simon Calder..........

Swerve

apparently suggested today that there could be 2 or 3 more travel companies going to the wall by the weekend.

Did anyone hear him and can clarify what was said.........I had the above info second hand so don't know if true or not ?

Bon voyage! Have a wonderful time - I hope you have some great weather too and then at least you'll feel you've had a little bit of summer!! :)

P.S. Ear to the ground (or deck - whatever) see if you can find out any more about future plans and new acquisitions - although given the topic of the thread perhaps we should all just be relieved if things stay as they are!!!! ;)

There have been lots of vague statements over the weekend with the demise of XL Leisure and K&S Turkey ...........

Do you have any specific reason to post your concern in the Thomson Cruises thread?

Only that Thomson Cruises is mainly for the british therefore someone may have heard SC's comments. See his Wikipedia write up.

Are you implying Thomsons is one of them???

Absolutely not, I'm not a rumour monger. As you can see from this link about TUI's market strength Thomson's should be very safe.

By the way, and scuse my ignorance, but who is Simon Calder?

Calder is a well reknowned travel writer who usually has his finger on the pulse in respect of british travel. See his Wikipedia write up here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Calder

Archived