Teen Club

planvacations

We will have a 12 year old who will want to be in the teen club with the other kids traveling with us (ages 14, 14 and 16). How strict is the age requirement? Do they check that?...how?

I know on RCCL (when he was 11) he was able to hang out with the teens (they start the teen club @ 12 yr olds) only because they didn't scan the sea pass cards. Excecpt for the teen dances, which he didn't attend.

thanks in advance for your replies.

We will have a 12 year old who will want to be in the teen club with the other kids traveling with us (ages 14, 14 and 16). How strict is the age requirement? Do they check that?...how?

I know on RCCL (when he was 11) he was able to hang out with the teens (they start the teen club @ 12 yr olds) only because they didn't scan the sea pass cards. Excecpt for the teen dances, which he didn't attend.

thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi

They very strict with the ages groups ,it comes down to the ships insurance for this purpose.

How do they check the age of the kids in the teen club if the program is a check yourself in and out on NCL? RCI didn't scan anything for the day activities they just gathered in a room. However they scanned the sea cards for the dances, which he never tried to enter. Just curious if anyone had actual experience with the teen program on NCL. Some cruise lines start the teen program at 12 years and others at 13 years....not sure why the difference. Thanks for your input.

My daughter tried to join the teen club when she was 12 and sailing with friends on the Sun. The second night of the cruise the staff told her she was not allowed. The took all the forms that must be filled out for participation and compared them to the identification used to register for the ship. The staff told my daughter, "Your pasport says your 12. You must go to the other group." We had warned her this would probably happen but she wanted to try. Two others were too young and a few were too old.

You have to register your children for the programs. NCL has all the information about your child of file. They know how old the child is bacause you have take your birth certificate or passport to board the ship.

If anyone knows something different please let me know. On our next cruise we will have 5 kiddos in the program.

How do they check the age of the kids in the teen club if the program is a check yourself in and out on NCL? RCI didn't scan anything for the day activities they just gathered in a room. However they scanned the sea cards for the dances, which he never tried to enter. Just curious if anyone had actual experience with the teen program on NCL. Some cruise lines start the teen program at 12 years and others at 13 years....not sure why the difference. Thanks for your input.

We recently were on the Jade,and yes they a very strict with the age groups.The teens room is in a different area that the main kids club .They know the ages of the kids onboard .The activities are very different too.

My 13 year old loved it, his cousin however didnt hes 12 and had to join the younger kids club.

Archived