Coast Hotel Precruise

teaach

My Dh and I are staying one night at the Coast Hotel precruise on the Splendor in April 2009. What is close by? Good restauranrs, attractions besides the Queen Mary - we also need transportation in Long Beach as well as to the Carnival Pier the following day.

I don't think there's anything nearby. It may be the closest hotel to the Queen Mary and the pier but that's about all. It's across a bridge from downtown Long Beach and all their waterfront restaurants. You can get there for free on the C Passport bus but it stops running around 9pm.

If you don't have a lot of luggage you can take that Passport bus to the pier on cruise day. I don't know if your hotel has a shuttle.

Have an awesome cruise!

Paula

Actually, my family loved the Aquarium of the Pacific. It's by the waterfront. Near the QM, the Carnival berth and Shoreline Village (which has some good restaurants and interesting shops). There's a freebie bus that goes between the two, but I'm not sure of the hours. We actually walked among the waterfront at dusk between the Aquarium and Shoreline Village.

Actually' date=' my family loved the Aquarium of the Pacific. It's by the waterfront. Near the QM, the Carnival berth and Shoreline Village (which has some good restaurants and interesting shops). There's a freebie bus that goes between the two, but I'm not sure of the hours. We actually walked among the waterfront at dusk between the Aquarium and Shoreline Village.[/quote']

Yeh, but this isn't close to the OP's hotel. They have to take that free Passport bus to get back across the bridge to get to the restaurants, waterfront and the Aquarium of the Pacific. And that's fine, easy enough to do, we did it a lot, but, the bus shuts down at 9pm, so no late nights. And there's nothing within walking distance from the OP's hotel. The Coast Hotel, Carnival pier and the QM are all across a big, long bridge from everything else.

To the OP - we took a cab from the Hilton to the pier on the morning of our cruise. He was there minutes after we called. I think the cabs work that area pretty intensely on cruise days. So if your hotel doesn't have a shuttle and you have too much luggage to lug onto the bus you can always call a cab. We paid $7.00 plus tip but we had farther to go than you do.

My Dh and I are staying one night at the Coast Hotel precruise on the Splendor in April 2009. What is close by? Good restauranrs, attractions besides the Queen Mary - we also need transportation in Long Beach as well as to the Carnival Pier the following day.

The free shuttle is great! We stayed there in March, not for a cruise, and used the shuttle quite often. We took it to the Aquarium and it definatley will take you to the Carnival Pier at no charge. If you missed the last shuttle, I don't think a taxi would cost much to get you back, as it is pretty close. There are also water taxis!

Archived