Ruby Princess Naming Ceremony and 2 Night Cruise

asilde

Oh, I'm glad to hear that. I looked for red dresses this weekend but could not find any in my style or price range. I think I'm going to wear black with red necklace, bracelet and earrings.

So glad to hear others may be doing that. I'd hate to be the only one NOT in red.

I was going to do the Red Sea Rig look (black tux, red cummerbund, red tie), but in the end it's just a little too much travel time from Vancouver for just two days. Maybe next time. :rolleyes:

Funny, I though it was for the top 1200 commodores from the recent, four-month commodore quiz competition, but i guess it was pretty random.

I was going to do the Red Sea Rig look (black tux, red cummerbund, red tie), but in the end it's just a little too much travel time from Vancouver for just two days. Maybe next time. :rolleyes:

Funny, I though it was for the top 1200 commodores from the recent, four-month commodore quiz competition, but i guess it was pretty random.

It must have been random Buddy, as I never participated in the Commodore quiz and I received an invite.

You're right though, it is a long way to fly for 2 days, but I was tempted though as I'm already going to be in FLL for a pre-inaugural on the Solstice a week later, followed by vacation on the Emerald Princess so changing my ticket was tempting... Common sense prevailed though, 3 cruises b2b2b probably would have been a bit much... :D Not to mention being away from work for most of the month of November! :eek:

We got the invitation for the christening cruise also. We are on the commodore TA status and after applying to the e-mail invite, in about one week we got a fax confirmation that yes we are on the cruise.

Can't wait, it will be fun. The faxed info says rooms will be assigned to all guests at the time of check in, so it will be a surprise as to where they will put us.

See you on the ship if you get to go.

Amazing they can give away invites for a 2 night sailing but wont give anything for a meet and great of CC members...:mad:

You got a point there. Some years ago, l998 I believe my DH and I crashed a Press Party hosted by Princess on the Grand Princess on its first cruise leaving from Istanbul by accident. We were exploring the ship before the cruise and went to the Disco where the Press party was under full swing. It was 1000% more impressive the the Captain's Cocktail Party the following day for passengers. Regardless, we still cruise Princess, we are elite. We work at getting full value for our cruise though, knowing full well, service is not always what it seems. :)

My travel buddy and I are confirmed to balcony cabin on the Emerald deck!!! How exciting. We were already going to be down in Miami cruising on the Sky for a SAS over Halloween and our bosses called our DSM to see if she could get us a cabin!!! Hard work is finally paying off. :D

My husband and I will be joining the Ruby and are very excited!! I can't wait to see this beautiful ship and to spend a few days away. We are flying in on 11/4 and will be staying at the Pelican Beach Resort on the 4th and the Renaissance on the evening of the 5th.

What agencies are you all from?

Archived