Britannia restaurant

moniquet

I read that the restaurant has 3 tiers. Which is the best one to be in, the upper or ground?

Which ship? QM2 or QV.

On QM2 I prefer the upper level (deck 3) having had dinner on both levels on many occasions over several voyages.

However, I was allocated a seat at a table on the lower level (deck 2) on one voyage. I was very lucky as this table was used by various officers for most of the trip, they were very entertaining, generous and arranged both a bridge tour and an invite to a private cocktail party hosted by the Commodore.

Remember, if you have breakfast or lunch in Britannia you will normally be seated on the lower level so you can experience both levels if you're dining "upstairs" in the evening.

Hope this helps.

Actually, to be more precise, QM2's Britannia Restaurant has 4 tiers. One at the Lower Level and three 'semi-tiers' at the Upper Level.

We prefer the lower 'semi-tier' of the Upper Level. Seating near the well you feel at the centre of the action, enjoying the height of the central well and its mural.:)

The second 'semi-tier' of the Upper Level provides a somewhat limited view, due to the glass railing. We also found the tables there to be a bit higher than at the lower 'semi-tier' of the Upper Level (if this concerns you at all...).

According to our opinion the worst place to sit is near the windows. Despite the view (nice for lunch, but in any case limited at night...) the ceiling is too short, and you feel like been on any ordinary ship, not on the extraordinarily high Britannia Restaurant. We found those seats at the Upper Level offering a bit more 'privacy' than at the Lower one.

I would like also to add that on our recent Caribbean/Panama cruise we were allocated for lunch various tables at the Upper Level, perhaps due to our wish to have a table for two. In previous cruises we always had lunch at the Lower Level, as is the usual practice.

As to QV's restaurant, it has just 2 tiers/levels, as the rest of the Vista/Spirit Class ships have.

Archived