Celebrity Zenith vs. RCCL....

jenjes3

Hi husband and I are platinum members with RCCL. We have sailed on Sovereign of the Seas.. Granduer, Enchantment, Voyager, Explorer and last November the Serenade of the Seas. Now we want to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and cruise to Bermuda. No longer will Empress of the Seas be sailing to Bermuda.. The Grandeur and the Voyager will each be doing 5-night cruises.. We want to go for at least 7 and want to dock at Hamilton and St. George not the Naval Yard. So, we are thinking of booking Zenith. Anyone sail on some RCCL ships and the Zenith.. We will be having a OCean View... instead of our balcony they we are accustomed too.. Heard Celebrity has better food.. etc. How is ship now? anyone on it recently? Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you

we have never been on rccl our first booking is for explorer in jan

now saying that

we have been on two celebrity cruises the mercury 2003 to alaska and zenith this summer to bermuda

we loved the mercury!!! we had a balcony the service was excellent

the zenith was little dated and there were more children on the zenith

i know people say the food on celebrity is fabulous but we didn't find that

but the service was perfect.

we ate two nights in the optional dinning i forget the name it is where they have the buffet breakfast and lunch and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. much quieter and the staff was so nice we really got to talk to the waiters etc.

it is a small ship which we liked. we had a great time we went to the martini bar a few nights really nice.

if you want a lot of activity i would say this isn't the ship f or you. there was more doing on the mercury but we think that is because you are in port overnight and most people us including were off the ship

Archived