*Stay with group or next deck up??*

I agree with the PH8. I've sailed with groups several times and we've had designated places to meet up - i.e., a certain section of the pool deck, dinnertime, a certain section in the theater, etc. You are just not going to be together all the time - even if your cabins are close.

I would have to think it depends on which deck number your friends will be on and the location of the cabins.

I personally prefer a high deck midship as there tends to be less movement midship. I also realize that it is also based on personal preference.

I cruised with my sister and her DH once and we decided to do the same deck but one of us picked a starboard side and the other picked port. The reason we did this was if something interesting was on the other side, we could run to each others cabins and have a look from the balcony. Worked out great for us and pulling into ports made it very interesting regardless.

Archived