Marriott Waikiki through NCL

sprout76

We will be in Oahu for three nights prior to embarking on the PofA. My TA said that the Marriott in Waikiki has an NCL desk in the lobby so you can get all documents done there and then when you get to the port there is no waiting around. I'm wondering if anyone out there has done this and if it is worth it.

I've stayed at Hale Koa before and that was great, but sense I'm not longer in the Army and my husband will be getting out 4 days before we leave for Hawaii that isn't going to be an option for us.

I was thinking HHV...and just booking the room on our own because I think it would be significantly cheaper...but if the Marriott makes it easier may consider.

Thanks everyone

We will be in Oahu for three nights prior to embarking on the PofA. My TA said that the Marriott in Waikiki has an NCL desk in the lobby so you can get all documents done there and then when you get to the port there is no waiting around. I'm wondering if anyone out there has done this and if it is worth it.

I've stayed at Hale Koa before and that was great, but sense I'm not longer in the Army and my husband will be getting out 4 days before we leave for Hawaii that isn't going to be an option for us.

I was thinking HHV...and just booking the room on our own because I think it would be significantly cheaper...but if the Marriott makes it easier may consider.

Thanks everyone

I thought you had to sign up and pay for this service or have booked the hotel through NCL.

This has to be booked thru NCL in order to use the NCL desk. We thought about it but we liked the "Hawaiian" feel of HHV much better and when you consider that the price of the Marriott that NCL quotes is per person not room, the prices we are getting at HHV are a much better deal. Just food for thought. Bigred

Yes...you do have to book through NCL for the service. And I thought the price was outrageous (~$750 for two nights)!!! Which is why I was thinking of just staying at HHV...but thought if it included transportation to the pier and the ease of embarking it may be worth it, but was looking for info from someone who has done it.

However, I'm thinking that booking on our own would be a much better option.

Archived