Harrison's Cave Open on Tuesday In December?

kitkat9438

Harrison's Cave is now closed on Monday and Tuesdays. I was upset that I wouldn't be able to see it when our ship (Princess) docks in December. However, the excursion to the cave is now listed on Princess' website. I booked the tour, but Harrison's Cave's website is still showing that it is closed on Tuesday. Anyone know anything about it opening back up on Tuesdays? Princess wouldn't offer it as a shore excursion if we couldn't go would they? My concern is I don't want to miss out on another excursion if the cave will be closed. Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also be interested in the answer to this. I'm cruising to Barbados (via Princess as well) in February and am there on a Tuesday. I also saw it offered as a shore excursion but I'm not able to book excursions yet. I was hoping maybe Sarah from Glory Tours could offer some insight? I haven't seen her around here lately.

Hi, just an update on what I have found out, which is basically more confusion. I have sent emails and made phone calls to both Harrison's Cave and Princess about this. Princess assures me they have a tour operator set for the cave tour. The Cave people tell me they have no plans of being open???? Sara said this:

I spoke with them as well and they have no plans of opening so far I also spoke to Princesses agents in Barbados who tell me that no they will be no Cave tour

Best Regards

Sarah

Just a side note while browsing the roll call boards for November cruises, other cruisers were mentioning booking the Cave Tour while in Barbados on Tuesday also. Maybe they will be able to confirm the availability of this tour once they go? I will post a reply to them.

Thanks for the update! I hope you'll come back after your cruise and let me know what happened too. I have a funny feeling that you'd get on board and they'd tell you your tour was canceled or they'd just offer some kind of alternative tour. Here's hoping that's not that case!

Who closes on a Monday and Tuesday anyway? That's just weird. Especially for a tourist attraction.

• 3 weeks later...

Sarah:

You were right on with your information. Just noticed on the Cruise Personalizer that Princess has cancelled the Harrison Cave tour. I wonder if they finally realized that it was a Tuesday and they're not open ? Pretty sad to mislead us like that. Our group was looking forward to this tour.

Dave

Hi, just an update on what I have found out, which is basically more confusion. I have sent emails and made phone calls to both Harrison's Cave and Princess about this. Princess assures me they have a tour operator set for the cave tour. The Cave people tell me they have no plans of being open???? Sara said this:

I spoke with them as well and they have no plans of opening so far I also spoke to Princesses agents in Barbados who tell me that no they will be no Cave tour

Best Regards

Sarah

Just a side note while browsing the roll call boards for November cruises, other cruisers were mentioning booking the Cave Tour while in Barbados on Tuesday also. Maybe they will be able to confirm the availability of this tour once they go? I will post a reply to them.

We were so happy Princess had the tour available and we booked are group of 15 on it and we thought the Cave was going to be open just for the ships because their web site said they were closed. Now our shore excursion that we booked says CANCELED:mad: Boy there were alot of upset kids in our group, because out of all the islands shore excursions this is the one they all wanted to go on.:( I hate Princess offering something good and then ripping it away. Its been a roller coaster ride because we were going to book on our own and got the disappointment of them saying we're closed when your ship comes in, and then Princess was offering it and we were all :D yelling yeah we still get to go. Now we don't feel that great, many in our group are really into caves and caverns.

Sarah:

You were right on with your information. Just noticed on the Cruise Personalizer that Princess has cancelled the Harrison Cave tour. I wonder if they finally realized that it was a Tuesday and they're not open ? Pretty sad to mislead us like that. Our group was looking forward to this tour.

Dave

It is unfortunate that the tours were cancelled, but it's Harrison's Cave that is not open at all to anyone that caused the cancellation. however, Princess should have known better and NOT included it on their tour lists for certain days, or should have put in their information that the cave tours were not available on Mondays or Tuesdays.

I know this is the tour you wanted to do, but there are many other options that you can look at while in port in Barbados. I would stongly incourage you to do a round the island tour, either with the ship or with an outside tour operator.

Archived