Excursion help!! Don't know where to go??

lcalle

Hi everyone...

this is me and my boyfriends first cruise and we are not sure what to do or what we have time to do.

We wanted to try and go to a nice beach in cayman islands and maybe do an excursion.

I dont really like stingrays so we were possibly thinking of doing the waverunner tour that goes to the shipwreck through "shoretrips"

does anyone have any suggestions on a nice beach near this tour excursion or whether its a good idea to do..

were only in cayman till 2 in the afternoon, so we need to know that its close to our ship and little details like that.

so any beach recommendations??? I was thinking rumpoint on 7 mile beach but dont know if id be over spending on cab getting there and back and then trying to do another excursion on top of that..

let me know!! thanks

I agree--just go to 7mile beach and have a good time. Just make sure that you leave plenty of time to get back to the tenders, traffic can back up at times and you don't want to cut it too close and get left at the dock! Have a great time. GC is beautiful!

Grand Cayman is a tender port and with a 2 pm departure you don't hyave a lot of time. For sure 7MB is your best bet. Great beach that goes on forever (well at least 7 miles) and quite close. Lots of taxis coming and going.

so going to 7mile is a good plan then?? what does tendering mean?

at first we were going to attempt the reef and snorkel tour but we may not have time??

Tendering means the ship does not dock at a pier but rather drops anchor in the harbour and you exit the ship via a gangway to a tender vessel that then takes you the tender dock on shore. The process of tendering to and from the ship does take more time than when you are docked at a pier. Your cruise documents should indicate which ports are dock or tender.

You have time to either do an excursion or go to the beach but not both. If you are considering booking your excursion through the ship then they will only offer excursions that fit in to their timeframe so that is an easy way to go - but - you should also have enough time to enjoy 7 mile beach if that is the option that you choose.

Enjoy!

Archived