How small/large are the portholes on the Sovereign of the Sea?

Delta Dear

We have an oceanview cabin, 2568 on the Sovereign in Oct. This is our first cruise. Is the porthole large enough to see much of the ocean ? I thought oceanview would mean a window, but apparently not on Decks 2 and 3. I considered asking for a higher deck, but we need to be close to the elevator and this is right across from it. The diagram of the cabins makes this one look a slight bit larger than some, so I'll keep the bird in the hand, so to speak ! Just curious about what we'll be able to see.

Iv seen the portholes and to be they were more like a small window than like the kind of portholes I have seen where the hull bends and they are more tube like. We got one of the less obstructed OVs on deck 8, preferred that to decks 2/3. Deck 8 was near enough the buffet that we found it a lot more convenient than deck 2 which we also stayed on.

We had one of the portholes on the Sovereign and it was fine, of coarse a bigger window would have been even better but not for the extra money. I just wanted to be able to look outside and see what kind of weather to dress for and to have some sunlight come into the room, a little less claustraphobic than an inside. also. You can see fine out of the portholes and if you save a few bucks, even better.

I had one last week on the Sovereign (2510) and it wasn't bad at all. The only slight issue I had was that there was a large shelf (think of a window seat) in front of it, and then the head of the bed was up against that shelf. While it provided great storage room, in order to really see the ocean, I had to get up on the bed and lean against the "headboard." However, a friend of mine on Deck Two also had a porthole and didn't have the extra shelf - their bed was more flush to the actual porthole.

Either way, sunlight was still able to come inside the room, which is really what I was looking for!:cool:

We have an oceanview cabin, 2568 on the Sovereign in Oct. This is our first cruise. Is the porthole large enough to see much of the ocean ? I thought oceanview would mean a window, but apparently not on Decks 2 and 3. I considered asking for a higher deck, but we need to be close to the elevator and this is right across from it. The diagram of the cabins makes this one look a slight bit larger than some, so I'll keep the bird in the hand, so to speak ! Just curious about what we'll be able to see.

This should give you an idea... http://family.webshots.com/photo/1056873758037105470EfmxGQ

Archived