Snorkeling with FAT CAT

PACURN

We just came back from our cruise. We booked a tour with FAT CAT, which is a catamaran that sails out of Puerto Adventuras about 15 mins from the dock. We had such a great day.

To start with Puerto Adventura is a lovely area with dolphins, manatees, and stingrays to see. Restuarants, shopping and various other things. The FAT CAT is docked there. We set sail with a group of about 20. Very comfortable. We were immediatly served with cocktails. Rum punch. YUMMY. We sailed about 45 mins while enjoying our cocktails and listened to reggie music (quite appropriate) to a cove that was breathtaking. It was raining while we were the but who cares we were going in the water anyway. We anchored and dove into warm water. We spent about an hour there. I hated to leave. Beautiful coral and pristine beaches.

On the way back we went boom netting. This is fun. My kids and our friends kids (the youngest was 4) loved doing that. We has guacamole, salsa, fresh fruit and libations. After we all had loads of fun boom netting we stopped at a cove where fresh water and salt water mixed. It was wierd feeling the difference in tempreture from each water. Your feet would get warm whike the rest of you was cool.

The crew were great also. Jason was the skipper and there was a dog called Kimba who goes too. The kids loved that. She swims with everyone.

It was a wonderful family day. I higly recommend it. I booked it online prior to sailing on the cruise. The cruise ship does not even offer this tour. Too bad for those unfortunate soles who don't research the fun things to do. Look up their websight and it will give all the needed info.

A word of warning. When you get to the port make sure the taxi driver knows where to take you. It's Puerto Adventuras. They are so programmed that they took us to Playa Del Carmen. We had to take another taxi to get the fat cat. No refund for the original taxi fare. Pureto Adventura is the opposite direction from Playa del Carmen.

Take this trip it's sooooooo fun.

• 2 months later...

You are in for a treat if you go especially if the weather is good. It rained the whole time we went and we still had a blast. We took our kids. My seven year old and our freinds 4 and 5 year old. They all went snokeling and boom netting. It's very family oriented. They have all the equipement needed for snorkeling. Drinks are provided. Everyone has to wear a life jacket while snorkeling.

skipper@fatcatsail.com

This is the email address if you have any concerns. Email me your address and I will send you my pictures so you can see what's in store for you. My address is ih855@aol.com

It's a great trip.

Debbie

After reading these boards and the recommendations, I checked out their web site and it does look like a lot of fun. We booked them for our trip in April. Appreciate the heads up about making sure the taxi driver understands where you want to go. What sort of restaurants and shopping are nearby?

Cathy

Puerto Adventuras seems to be a type of resort area. There are conco's restaurants, a bar right next to where the Fat Cat is docked. and little shops all around. We didn't have time to shop afterwards because we had to get back to the dock, and they we're not open at the time we got there in the morning. It seemed like a pretty nice area. We saw people swimming with the Manatee's while we were waiting to leave, there were dolphins swimming in pools which, I imagine, are there for swimming with or for shows. It's a very nice place.

You will not regret booking with them. We had a great time. I would do it again if we get that way again. I sure hope you get sun. It will be beautiful. Xaac Cove is great. Don't forget an underwater camera. There are hugh Brain Corrals there.

Archived