If I Unpack

retirednready2go

If you unpack in the cabin??? Of course you'll want to unpack. There's plenty of closet space and drawers and shelves to put your things. There are quite a few hangers and I believe you can ask for more. We had a family of 5 in one inside cabin and I didnt need more hangers though. I hung up the nicer items and just folded the rest (shorts, etc). Unpack and enjoy your home away from home!!

Absolutely unpack. The first thing I do when my luggage arrives is to unpack. There are always plenty of hangers. If by chance you don't have enough, ask your room steward. He/she will get more for you. I love the feeling of having an empty suitcase to stuff under the bed. Ah, now I'm really cruising and have no more work to do for a whole week. I love unpacking!!!

Thanks so much. That will save alot of room in my suitcase. This will be a first cruise and I'm taking my grown daughter. We're so excited!

I hope you have a fabulous FIRST cruise. If you'll continue reading the boards, I'm sure you'll be totally prepared for the experience!

Thanks so much. That will save alot of room in my suitcase. This will be a first cruise and I'm taking my grown daughter. We're so excited!

When you put your empty luggage under the bed - throw a dryer sheet or two in and use for your dirty laundry. Keeps it out of the way and then just take the entire suitcase to the laundry room when you get home and no sorting. Also, I always throw a dryer sheet in the drawers, keeps things nice and fresh.

Our clothes that need to be hung are already on hangers in our garment bag so I use our own. I do not care for their hangers. They have multiple hangers attached to one that hangs over the rod and I think they are a pain to use...........

We do the same thing - everything is on hangers already. Takes very little time to unpack.

Our room steward did ask if we wanted extra's last time. Just a part of his welcome routine.

How dumb am I? I never thought to ask the steward for hangers. I don't pack my clothes on hangers becuase it is too bulky in the suitcase. I do bring wire hangers and trash them at the end of the cruise. However, with weight limits and paying for luggage now I just may use theirs. Every little bit helps.

I always unpack - there is so much closet and drawer space.

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll take my chances with theirs. I've been reading these posts for a couple of months now and the hanger issue was never talked about. I am so excited. Talked to my daughter last night and she is already packing tho we have 12 days to go. Didn't tell her I am too, lol.

Archived