4 - Wheelers

xxjulzxx

Has anyone requested a quote on either ATV or Scooter?

Hi All!!

Just wanted to let you know we just got back from St. Martin and we did rent 4 wheelers. It cost us $55 for the whole day plus we had to fill it back up with gas ($7 American) We did the whole island! It was amazing!! The 4 wheelers were NEW, clean and NICE! Some of our friends went down the street and paid more money and the bikes weren't nearly as nice.

I can try to remember the place of where we rented them if anyone is interested.

Here is a website that we used to rent a Jeep in St Maarten. They do offer ATV rentals as well.

http://www.stmaartenscooterrental.com/index.htm

Thats not the place we rented ours.

It was right off the cruise ship, there is a little stand with about 4 rental car companies in it. The only one who has ATV's for rent.. its in the middle. They take you by van to the shop that has them (like quarter of a mile away) Little Chinese man owns the shop and he is SO friendly and helpful!

Hi All!!

Just wanted to let you know we just got back from St. Martin and we did rent 4 wheelers. It cost us $55 for the whole day plus we had to fill it back up with gas ($7 American) We did the whole island! It was amazing!! The 4 wheelers were NEW, clean and NICE! Some of our friends went down the street and paid more money and the bikes weren't nearly as nice.

I can try to remember the place of where we rented them if anyone is interested.

Hi, yes I would like to know the place, I have written the person that the other write has up a few blogs and theres was 50. for the day but I want to get a nice one and did you have to reserve your, because they are asking to reserve it.

Hi, yes I would like to know the place, I have written the person that the other write has up a few blogs and theres was 50. for the day but I want to get a nice one and did you have to reserve your, because they are asking to reserve it.

Nope, we did not reserve it. Just walked right up to the stand. I will try to remember the name of the place. But he said his bikes are the best on the island and they were! We saw many others and his are by far the best.

These are what our bikes looked like.

l_d440f435d67f423f8310c3fa88c0374f.jpg

OMG! That sounds like SO much fun! Let me know the name of the place if you remember it. Was it safe? Did you leave them unattended if you went to a beach swimming? I would be afraid they would get stolen.

I will ask my brother who gets back tomorrow what the name of the place is. Also, yes it was very safe! We did scooters in Cozumel last year and I felt so much safer on the ATV's than the scooters. We parked them anywhere folks parked cars. You can lock them too, which we did sometimes. I would definitely recommend doing this to see the island!

After contending with some of the maniac drivers of these things, I really wish that the governments would ban them.

Remember that this is the Caribbean and driving is done, well, a little differently than in the US. Lots of hills. Lousy roads. There are unmarked speed bumps and rumble strips used as traffic control devices. Horns and flashing headlights work instead of turn signals. Scooters routinely pass between the two lanes of traffic. That doesn't work for a 4-wheeler but it doesn't stop folks from trying it anyway with close calls and occasional disasterous results.

You want to see the island and tell your grandchildren about it? Rent a car. Hire a taxi. Buy an excursion. But forget about these things.

Great news about the ATV's

I'm looking forward to get the name also.

I asked for a scooter quote from the company mentioned in this thread, but they told me that were sold out when I will be there early Nov from AOS and then they quoted me a ATV for USD 50/day and asked for a reservation in advance, but I think I will wait until we get there.

I have in other boards been warned not to do a scooter, based on traffic and bad roads, so i'm looking into the ATV thing instead of a car or taxi

After contending with some of the maniac drivers of these things, I really wish that the governments would ban them.

Remember that this is the Caribbean and driving is done, well, a little differently than in the US. Lots of hills. Lousy roads. There are unmarked speed bumps and rumble strips used as traffic control devices. Horns and flashing headlights work instead of turn signals. Scooters routinely pass between the two lanes of traffic. That doesn't work for a 4-wheeler but it doesn't stop folks from trying it anyway with close calls and occasional disasterous results.

You want to see the island and tell your grandchildren about it? Rent a car. Hire a taxi. Buy an excursion. But forget about these things.

I never once felt unsafe on the ATV's. Our group had about 9 total ATV's and traffic would wait and let us all stay together.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• 1 month later...
Do you remember the name of the company? Did they provide any maps or directions for touring the island?

I don't remember the name. But once you exit the ship walk out toward the mall and then turn right toward rental cars. There is a stand with about 4 rental car companies in it. It's the place in the middle that sells ATV's. A Little Chinese man owns the place and is SO nice. He provides maps and anything else you could want.

Also! He sells the big waters, etc. like the ship for like $1.25!! Wish we would have known that before we bought the ones on the ship!

Archived