Picture with Donkey?

pokeypoke

Does anyone know if there is a place in Cabo, Mazatlan or PV where you can wear a sombrero and have your picture taken with a burro/donkey?:cool:

I have a friend who had a souvenir photo of him and his wife taken when they were in Nogalsa, Mexico and I was wondering if they do the same thing in the port cities?

Pokey

I took a photo of my mom with a baby donkey in Puerto Vallarta when we were there in April. Right when we got off the ship in PV, there was a lady that would put a sombrero on your head and a baby donkey in your lap so you could take a photo. I think she charged $2 or something like that. It was kind of weird, but my mom really enjoyed it.

On our New Year's cruise last year this was one of the ship photo ops as you got off the ship in PV. I have a pic of my husband and I with sombreros on and a baby donkey on my lap. It took us by such a surprise that it really made for a funny pic. We had to buy it. I did feel sorry for the donkey though. He had to have been drugged. He was so calm and still the whole time. And for sooo many pics.

They had the baby donkey last month in Puerto Vallarta. Afterwards I felt really guilty, like I was encouraging the owner to keep doing this by paying $2 for a photo and force this little animal to be passed from person to person. The poor thing was in a daze and very unresponsive. I wanted to take him home ... but didn't know how I'd hide him from my husband in our cabin ROFL.

simmy

1676676396_babydonkey.jpg.57feab7cd9992132bba2a3c7bf01b99e.jpg

PLEASE people don't get photos! It does encourage the owner to keep doing it like she said and the poor little thing is in the sun and DRUGGED. He is only doing it as they doped him out and he has no choice. Please!!! It looks cute but it is cruel!!!!!:( :( :(

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE people don't get photos! It does encourage the owner to keep doing it like she said and the poor little thing is in the sun and DRUGGED. He is only doing it as they doped him out and he has no choice. Please!!! It looks cute but it is cruel!!!!!:( :( :(

This from the Cruiser who encourages Feline Binge Drinking in their profile pic!!!!! LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
I took a photo of my mom with a baby donkey in Puerto Vallarta when we were there in April. Right when we got off the ship in PV, there was a lady that would put a sombrero on your head and a baby donkey in your lap so you could take a photo. I think she charged $2 or something like that. It was kind of weird, but my mom really enjoyed it.

My husband tried to take my picture with a baby donkey too right there as you got off the ship except he was told it was forbidden and only the cruise staff could take pictures, what a rip! Needless to say, we didn't buy their picture. But the baby donkey was adorable.

Archived