Conquest being used in Galveston for Emergency Workers??

want2cruiseagain

When we were pulling into the new Bayport cruise terminal, you could see the Conquest tendered. Someone on the ship, who is a T/A, told me that Conquest was going to be taken to Galveston to be used for housing emergency workers. However, I noticed it is on a cruise using a ship tracking site.

Anyone have any knowledge of this?

When we were pulling into the new Bayport cruise terminal, you could see the Conquest tendered. Someone on the ship, who is a T/A, told me that Conquest was going to be taken to Galveston to be used for housing emergency workers. However, I noticed it is on a cruise using a ship tracking site.

The Conquest was tendered while the Ecstasy was being boarded. As soon as she sailed, they moved the Conquest in and boarded their passengers. My daughter works for FEMA, and they have no plans to take on another ship as they did for Katrina...it created tooo many problems and workers were much happier in hotels.

That was just a rumor

Looks like that TA NEEDS to quit there day job :p

Looks like that TA NEEDS to quit there day job :p

The sad part is many of those TA's are also members of CC and come on here and spread their misinformation around. I've seen a few here who have not sailed Carnival who feel they know everything about Carnival because they are a travel agent. I know one who will tell you that carnival is the worst line out there because some of the TA's custmomers told them that. They won't believe anything good about Carnival that we say because we are not their clients.

There are about a dozen Crazies on board the Conquest at the moment, probably passing Cuba enroute to MoBay so unless the emergency workers are commuting by long range helicopter that TA is WAY wrong...

I'm on her this Sunday and I'll be sure to say hi to any emergency workers from Galveston that I run into...

;)

There are about a dozen Crazies on board the Conquest at the moment, probably passing Cuba enroute to MoBay so unless the emergency workers are commuting by long range helicopter that TA is WAY wrong...

I'm on her this Sunday and I'll be sure to say hi to any emergency workers from Galveston that I run into...

;)

Let us know what you think of the new terminal after you get back. Living about 15 miles from the terminal I drove down there Sunday and the Conquest sure did look good setting there. The new terminal sure does look nice from what I could see from the parking lot.

Archived