Kids-which ship/itin?

RENMama

(cross posted as they said i might get more input here).

Carnival cruiseline.

We have cruised with kids before, Victory to Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica and had a wonderful time. Cruised others before.

Looking at perhaps an early December 2009 cruise with kids who would then be 8,4, 2 (all of them will be "and a half") :) . Grandparents would be along so plan is adjoining rooms which takes away the 5 in room problem (one of the kids would bunk with grandparents).

Our available itineraries and ships listed below. Really unsure of what to pick. Weve been to St. Maarten and Thomas, also Coz and Costa Maya before but not in many years. The brand new Dream looks like it will be a great ship for kids but it is going to be big.

Our daughter is of Mayan Indian descent so an excursion that allows us a glimpse into the ruins would be nice but not essential as she will only be 2 (and we have yet to see some ruins on any of our other cruises).

1. Dream-stopping in Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten with 3 fun days.

2. Dream-stopping in Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, 2 fun days

3. Miracle- stopping in St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, 4 fun days

4. Legend- stopping in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, 2 fun days

(cross posted as they said i might get more input here).

Carnival cruiseline.

We have cruised with kids before, Victory to Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica and had a wonderful time. Cruised others before.

Looking at perhaps an early December 2009 cruise with kids who would then be 8,4, 2 (all of them will be "and a half") :) . Grandparents would be along so plan is adjoining rooms which takes away the 5 in room problem (one of the kids would bunk with grandparents).

Our available itineraries and ships listed below. Really unsure of what to pick. Weve been to St. Maarten and Thomas, also Coz and Costa Maya before but not in many years. The brand new Dream looks like it will be a great ship for kids but it is going to be big.

Our daughter is of Mayan Indian descent so an excursion that allows us a glimpse into the ruins would be nice but not essential as she will only be 2 (and we have yet to see some ruins on any of our other cruises).

1. Dream-stopping in Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten with 3 fun days.

2. Dream-stopping in Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, 2 fun days

3. Miracle- stopping in St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, 4 fun days

4. Legend- stopping in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, 2 fun days

I love the East Caribbean so . . .

My first choice would be #3 the Miracle ~ it has the added bonus of 4 sea days which I love as well.

My second choice would be the #1 the Dream ~ I would probably skip Bahamas (which I am assuming is Nassau) because I have been there a few times and spend an extra day on board. Also, would have the added benefit of trying out the new ship!

All would be fun though, have fun deciding what's best for your family!:D

thanks for the input. i think theres another option now too. i didnt notice the freedom which has stops in puerto rico, st. thomas, antigua, tortola, bahamas and 2 fun days.

some of the islands dont seem to have as much for young kids to do so thats always a consideratioin also.

Archived