Fred Olsen to introduce a smoke free environment on board

Goldryder

Really good news. I am booked on a major part of the "Balmoral" world cruise in early 2009 so should benefit from the courageous action. Thsi should have happended long ago.

Not so good for you it would seem, Balmoral goes smoke free after her world cruise…

This also says you can continue to smoke on the balconies, but I actually thought that was already banned!

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=2829

I for one am so pleased that FO have adopted this stance. Just a pity they hadn't done it earlier.

I have to admit, that we were put off staying in the Neptune Lounge (Boudicca) for any length of time earlier this year due to the smoky atmosphere.

Also - some very inconsiderate smokers would smoke on the deck - not too far away from the pools. They would then proceed to stub out their cigarettes on the actual deck, and the dirty filthy butt ends would be blowing and rolling around on the deck. All this when a lot of people are walking around barefooted.

I'm sure that everyone - smokers and non-smokers alike, will benefit from the improved cleanliness of the public areas that this action will undoubtedly provide.

• 7 months later...
Thomsons got there before FO. Smoke free zone last year, though you could smoke outside in designated areas (as you could on Braemar in March this year).

Well done Thomsons :D is this the future, lets hope so :p

Gav :cool:

Not a smoker my self or a reformed one but at least smokers will be able to smoke outside and on their balconies.Otherwise to loose customers in this difficult tradeing time would be a shame.:)

Archived