Pre-booked shore excursion

Yes you can cancel your booking on board, but if you do so I believe that you'll get the credit on your on board account, not on your credit card. Last Feb. my DH booked a golf excursion, when we arrived at our cabin there was a card on the bed telling us that the excursion had been cancelled, no explanation as to why. We went to the explorations desk and they basically didn't have a clue why really, so they told us that there was a problem with the tour operator, we figure it was more than likely that there were not enough people booked prior to departure so they cancelled it. We were just a little peeved, we'd brought his clubs etc from home, for nothing. I truly believe that they could have contacted us the day before or 2 days before departure to tell us, it would have avoided us bringing clubs etc.

I know that it was more info that you asked for but i figured what the heck :)

Thanks for all the info! That is what I thought -- just wanted to verify with someone who had actual experience. We never book excursions thru the cruise line - but, debated doing this golf one. However, with having to rent golf clubs (don't want to drag them all the way there from CA) -- it is less expensive and more inclusive to reserve directly with the golf course and pay a taxi to get there.

Archived