How much alcohol can leave the ship in PC

karkee07

Taking a cruise in Jan. The BF and I will be 20 so we will be old enough to drink and buy alcohol in port, but not put it in our name on the ship.

How much can my parents take back before taxes? Last year mom and I got a liter of Kulha, some wine and tiqulla (sp) and maybe something else...

thanks

Just curious, what port is it you can drink in?

The amount the adults can bring home without taxes depends on the port.

We will be in Naussa.

Last year I drank in Cozumel.

We are leaveing out of Port Canaveral this time.

Went to the Customs site and here is the link to the limits -

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/paying_duty.xml

It's tied to the amount of your exception and it states 1 Liter but then you read a little further and find another that states that it's all according to where to go and what your exemptions are http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/types_of_exemptions.xml

Susan :)

I think it is 6 per person. I am not sure.

You can drink at 18 in Mexico. As a matter of fact we were on a excursion that took us out on a boat and the Captain asked my son how old he was and he said 12 so the captain said that the drinking age was 12 or older today. So my son ordered a beer and drank about 1/4 of it. It was a good thing that is all he wanted to drink because I was going to limit him to about 1/2 of a beer.

We will be in Naussa.

We are leaving out of Port Canaveral this time.

You can drink at 18 in the Bahamas. As a matter of fact they are very relaxed on that as well. The link below will tell you about it.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_989.html

We will be in Naussa.

We are leaveing out of Port Canaveral this time.

Looks like looking at the one link, the duty free exemption is $800 and 2 liters of alcohol but it also states this -

You may include two liters of alcoholic beverages with this $800 exemption, as long as one of the liters was produced in one of the countries listed above (see section on Unaccompanied Purchases from Insular Possessions and Caribbean Basin or Andean Countries). The Bahamas is one of them and you're right you must be 21 to bring it back into the country too.

Looks like looking at the one link, the duty free exemption is $800 and 2 liters of alcohol but it also states this -

You may include two liters of alcoholic beverages with this $800 exemption, as long as one of the liters was produced in one of the countries listed above (see section on Unaccompanied Purchases from Insular Possessions and Caribbean Basin or Andean Countries). The Bahamas is one of them and you're right you must be 21 to bring it back into the country too.

Thanks! All I could remember was that my mom had to fill out the form that my stuff was "hers".

Hmmmm.....now what to buy...

Archived