Shipwreck at Queen Mary

gumballz

Curt Jerome Wild....I'm hoping you'll be able to answer this. You seem to be the guy 'in the know' about all the happenings in and around the Long Beach area. ;)

What all is involved with the 'Shipwreck' at the Queen Mary for Halloween? Is it just a Haunted House type of thing with live music and good makeup or is it more detailed than that? Is it honestly scary, or just more of a fun Halloween happening?

Want to join us on the Paradise for Halloween? There's a lot of us going....all in fun costumes! :D

For any others that are reading this and are curious, gumballz is talking about this:

http://www.queenmaryshipwreck.com/

It is definitely a Haunted House type thing, but really big.

So consider it kind of several Haunted House attractions in the same location.

It can get scary in the mazes (yes, I have taken several young ladies there on dates in the past;)), because once you are in there - and the creepy crawlies are jumping out at you - it's a long way to go further to get out!

The ones on the ship are great.

The bands are general good local bands (we do have a lot of good local bands here in Southern California - think No Doubt and Red Hot Chili Peppers).

They're in a separate area, and then there is the big dance hall.

Friday and Saturday are good, but Sunday's are "dead" (pun intended).

Knott's Scary Farm

http://www.ultimatehaunt.com/frame_new.html

Is actually much bigger and more of a "local" destination, but for something decent and fun for the night and area (Long Beach) then Queen Mary is good.

And thanks for the invite...

You don't even know how much I'd love to do Halloween on Paradise (I lurv Halloween on Carnival ships!)...

But alas, I've got major things happening the next week, so I'm all booked up.

Maybe next year though.

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any more questions.

I do hope that you will post a major review with pictures of the Halloween cruise afterwards though.:D

It can get scary in the mazes (yes, I have taken several young ladies there on dates in the past;)), because once you are in there - and the creepy crawlies are jumping out at you - it's a long way to go further to get out!

Wait a minute.......

I'm tellin'.............

:p :D :p

Oh, sorry!! NO thread-hijacking..........

slapping my wrist as I type:D

focusing, focusing.....

Okay - here's the ON-TOPIC response.......

As a former SoCal resident.......I've been to both, and as Curt said, Knott's Scary Farm is much bigger (and better I think - if you have all day)

I love the Extreme Scream ride at night:eek:

But if you just have the evening......go for the shipwreck at Queen Mary....It is really quite fun with the music and all - and a perfect way to get in the full-on cruise mode!!

Have Fun!!

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad you're busy CJW, it's going to be fun! Need me to make a call or two to clear you up? ;)

Before someone thinks incorrectly, I'm not hoping to be a part of your 'harem' (whatever that involves). lol I just think you have potential to wear a very creative costume.....and I think you have potential to be very fun to party with. :)

If you change your mind, let me know!

Archived