Port for Mariner of Seas, Mexican Riviera???

Information on Doubletree in San Pedro - my hubby and I have stayed there several times when we've gone on the Monarch and the Vision. Great hotel overlooking the Cabrillo Marina. You cannot see the ship from the hotel but you can see some of the private boats moored in the Marina. The hotel has free parking and free shuttle to and from the pier. However the restaurant situation is lacking..there is the 22nd street seafood restaurant close to the hotel and for any other restaurants you would have to drive. If you are planning on spending more then a night I would definitely recommend staying in Long Beach because there is a lot more to do within walking distance of most of the hotels. Letty

Does anyone know how far Disneyland is from the LA pier? I'm a member of the Disney Vacation Club & I can stay at a Disney hotel for free but was just wondering how far it is from the port? Also, if you would have an idea of the cost to get to the pier?

Thanks,

Barbara from Philly

Does anyone know how far Disneyland is from the LA pier? I'm a member of the Disney Vacation Club & I can stay at a Disney hotel for free but was just wondering how far it is from the port? Also, if you would have an idea of the cost to get to the pier?

Thanks,

Barbara from Philly

We went from Disneyland to the pier last month at 11:00 am with Super Shuttle. Traffic was light, and it took about 35-40 min. It was about $17 pp.

Ohhhh...Disneyland. I have never been to Disneyland, only Disney World. Are there any good Disney Hotels to stay in. :) How far is it from LAX. I would love to spend a day there before heading for the Mariner.

There are several way expensive hotels to stay in on the Disney property. How far it is depends on your mode of transportation. :rolleyes: It took 2 hours to get there from LAX last month, as we were the last to be dropped off by Super Shuttle, after dropping everyone else off at their residences. :mad: What a nightmare. Not only that, DH had to sit with a couple of other couples that were sick, and coughed the whole time. Blech!

Ohhhh...Disneyland. I have never been to Disneyland, only Disney World. Are there any good Disney Hotels to stay in. :) How far is it from LAX. I would love to spend a day there before heading for the Mariner.

This is in order of price from most expensive to least expensive....right on the grounds of D-land and California Adventure parks: Grand Californian Resort and Spa, Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Pier Hotel. Off property could be Hyatt Anaheim, Hilton Anaheim, Holiday Inn etc......I could go on and on!

From LAX it depends...no traffic at all (very rare) is about 45 minutes.

Have fun!

There are a TON of good hotels in and around Disneyland - most are very inexpensive too. For more info on this then you could ever read Disboards.com is a very good source

We went from Disneyland to the pier last month at 11:00 am with Super Shuttle. Traffic was light, and it took about 35-40 min. It was about $17 pp.

Thanks for the info. Super Shuttle, do you need to make a reservation? If so, how far in advance.

As to the hotels, I've stayed at the Grand Californian, which is absolutely beautiful. But without the Disney Vacation Club I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Barbara from Philly

Thanks for the info. Super Shuttle, do you need to make a reservation? If so, how far in advance.

As to the hotels, I've stayed at the Grand Californian, which is absolutely beautiful. But without the Disney Vacation Club I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Barbara from Philly

Yes, you should make a reservation, and, unless your transport involves an airport, you will have to phone them. You can only book online if one of your locations is an airport. I did it a couple of months in advance, and prepaid everything, including tip. After our horrid drive to our hotel from LAX, I didn't have many expectations. But, Super Shuttle was there promptly at 11:00 am, and we were lucky in that we were the only ones in the van.

Looks like the renaissance hotel it is!!! You all have been a great help in this matter. I appreciate it!!!

Bob

Good for you.....I have seen the hotel from the outside, looks great ;) Know someone who has stayed their and they liked it very much.

Happy Cruising :D

Archived